No Konq previews in KDE3.03 on Mandrake9

No Konq previews in KDE3.03 on Mandrake9

Post by Jaso » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:08:02

howdy

Can anyone help me out?  I have all the previews turned on and
tried a big max file size, still no luck.  I get no previews
of any type of file - jpeg, text, html, nothing.

Known problem?  Known fix?
--
Jason

Post by Paul Lutu » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 04:29:43

> howdy

> Can anyone help me out?  I have all the previews turned on and
> tried a big max file size, still no luck.  I get no previews
> of any type of file - jpeg, text, html, nothing.

> Known problem?

No information at all about your system, or setup, or distribution.

Quote:> Known fix?

Provide some.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Post by Jaso » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 05:16:55

>> howdy

>> Can anyone help me out?  I have all the previews turned on and
>> tried a big max file size, still no luck.  I get no previews
>> of any type of file - jpeg, text, html, nothing.

>> Known problem?

> No information at all about your system, or setup, or distribution.

bah, I posted in several places and left out the details here.
Fresh install of Mandrake 9.0.  No customization, just install,
create fresh new user, log in, no previews.

As for the install, I did the 'expert' install, as always, and
picked KDE, Gnome, other WM's, and some other stuff that is
probably unrelated, like development and some servers.

--
Jason

Post by Paul Lutu » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:33:57

>>> howdy

>>> Can anyone help me out?  I have all the previews turned on and
>>> tried a big max file size, still no luck.  I get no previews
>>> of any type of file - jpeg, text, html, nothing.

>>> Known problem?

>> No information at all about your system, or setup, or distribution.

> bah, I posted in several places and left out the details here.
> Fresh install of Mandrake 9.0.  No customization, just install,
> create fresh new user, log in, no previews.

> As for the install, I did the 'expert' install, as always, and
> picked KDE, Gnome, other WM's, and some other stuff that is
> probably unrelated, like development and some servers.

Very likely you left out something essential to preview, and it may be
difficult to determine exactly what. I am extremely lazy and have a large
hard drive, so I always choose to install everything. This means I never
seen things like you are seeing, but one must have a lot of storage to do
it this way.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com