Power controll does not work

Post by AtomxX » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:47:59

when energy saving is enabled it does not suspend or power off.
how can i fix this problem.

i'm running slackware-7.x (slackware-current as of 2001-04-01) w/ kde-2.1.1.
my monitor is a sony multiscan 15sf energy star compliant.

tia
cheers
don

1. Power On after power failure not working (Motherboard M787CLR/M787CL)

I have the following problem:
I need my machine to power on automatically after a power failure
occurs, so I get to the BIOS SETUP utility, go to POWER MANAGEMENT SET
UP and set  "STATE AFTER POWER FAILURE" = On.

Just in case, I also set "ACPI function" to DISABLED and "PM CONTROL
BY AMP" = NO (I read somewhere that if these parameters are enabled,
they can make some BIOS setup not to work).

The problem is that, after a power failure, the machine does not power
on automatically as it should be, instead I have to power it on
manually pressing the POWER ON button.

Can anybody give me some clues about what the problem may be?

I have the following configuration:
Motherboard: PC 133 M787CLR (name changed to M787CL recently)
BIOS Version: V1.1A
CPU: VIA C3 - 1 Giga Pro
Memory: 128 PC133 SDRAM
HDD: Western Digital WD200EB-00CPF0 IDE
Power Supply: SUNSHINE Model ATX-235UT (235 Watts)
Operating System: Linux Red Hat 7.3

Any clue will be welcomed.
Regards everybody.

2. Redhat 7.1 + kde desktop

3. "ps"-command does not work: no controlling terminal

5. Is there a bug in the Power Controll Module?

6. Partnership.

7. How is monitor power saving controlled?

8. Linux->WinNT

9. Controlling the power-on LED? [ powerpc ]

10. Controlled shutdown during power outages for Ultrix?

11. M$ Win for controlling machines (Microsoft and nuclear power)

12. S/W controlled Power Strips?

13. Power down on shutdown -p not working