Window positioning

Post by Kyle Junk Mailbo » Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Is there a setting in KDE that gets KDE to obey the position hints from X.
We have an application that creates a few windows and we supply where the
windows should go but KDE tends not to obey these hints.  It is a royal pain
to readjust these windows.  We do not have this problem under CDE for
Solaris or under HP Unix.

Appreciate any help.

Kyle

1. specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

xterm -g 80x24+0+0

For the first time, it works.  Move the window and close it.

Try again.  It fails.

It works in KDE environment, so I think it's a bug in sawfish
window manager. I also tried to turn off the remembering window
position option in Gnome control center.  It doesn't help.

Does gnome 2.0 have this bug ?

Edward

2. Test Only. Please ignore

3. netscape and window position

4. Postscript printing problems

5. Saving window positions

6. Raytracing SCED pov-files?

7. GTK window positioning

8. BIOS Question

9. Saving window positions and sizes

10. Fvwm95 and saving window positions

11. How to set window position of fvwm modules?

12. X windows positioning problem on a Viglen laptop

13. gnome and window position