1. switching screens under X and DLLs
This may be a FAQ, but I _have_ looked, and read the manual pages, so here goes:
kernel is pl99.14z, I have an S3 card, and the keyboard (not under X) is set
up for a UK keymap. MAchine is a clone 486/50 ISA bus, 16Mb ram. Sony cdrom,
3.5"+5.25 floppy drives. Network card is a WD 8013, networking is running OK.
Firstly, could anyone tell me how to switch from an X screen to another
virtual terminal. CTRL-ALT -Fkey doesn't work.
multiscreens work ok if X isn't running.
Secondly, I'd love to get the delete key to return a single character, so
that I can stty DEL to it (IYSWIM). That way the keyboard stty modes will
be teh same for the SCO and Linux systems I use. I'm sure its in the
uk.map in /usr/lib/keytables, but this table refers (AFAICR) to keycodes or
scancodes - I dont know how to find the scancode of a key.
Thirdly, I can only run X as root - if anyone else, it hangs, and I have to
kill the process from the SCO box (remember, I can't switch VTs ) in order
to regain control.
Please, if you can help, reply by email, and I'll summarise (assuming I sort
Sig. applied for.
2. How can I pattern-match a given string in ksh?
3. Switching Screen Resolutions
4. TGUI9680 Mpeg - XFree86 3.1.2
5. How to switch screen-size??
6. automatically creating user accounts
7. Problem with mouse after switching screens
8. slip dial in scrip for IBM dial in internet network
9. QUICK Question-- How do I switch screen resolutions in X?
10. Switch screen resolutions? (Not as easy as it sounds)
11. Linux's screen paging, how can I switch it off?
12. stealth64 shifts screen after vtty switch
13. Matrox Millenium II screen corruption when switching