Klyx-0.10.0

Post by Bill Alexande » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong newsgroup.

When running the configure program for klyx, prior to running 'make', the process ends with
an  error message regarding the g++ compiler. I am using RedHat Linux 5.2 and the problem
would  seem to lie with g++. Not being a programmer, the message means very little to me.

Below is a copy of the config.log file produced.

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:560: checking for extra includes
configure:589: checking for extra libs
configure:669: checking host system type
configure:690: checking target system type
configure:708: checking build system type
configure:762: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:815: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:853: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:899: checking for working aclocal
configure:912: checking for working autoconf
configure:925: checking for working automake
configure:938: checking for working autoheader
configure:951: checking for working makeinfo
configure:1002: checking for a C-Compiler
configure:1008: checking for gcc
configure:1114: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:1130: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1156: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler
configure:1161: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1170: gcc -E conftest.c
configure:1235: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:1256: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1297: checking for a C++-Compiler
configure:1303: checking for g++
configure:1419: checking whether the C++ compiler (g++  -s) works
configure:1435: g++ -o conftest   -s conftest.C  1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lstdc++: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 1430 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main(){return(0);}

Can any of you experts out their help me please.

-----------
Bill Alexander

Klyx-0.10.0

Post by Klaus Krtschi » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

look in your libraries (usually /usr/lib/) for the library
libstdc++.so.2.* which must be installed. If it is not present it must
be in some package of your distribution.

Good luck
Klaus

> Apologies in advance if this is the wrong newsgroup.

> When running the configure program for klyx, prior to running 'make', the process ends with
> an  error message regarding the g++ compiler. I am using RedHat Linux 5.2 and the problem
> would  seem to lie with g++. Not being a programmer, the message means very little to me.

> Below is a copy of the config.log file produced.

> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lstdc++: No such file or directory

Klyx-0.10.0

Post by Bill Alexande » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Klaus, that has worked.

--
Bill Alexander

Quote:> Hi,

> look in your libraries (usually /usr/lib/) for the library
> libstdc++.so.2.* which must be installed. If it is not present it must
> be in some package of your distribution.

> Good luck
> Klaus

1. L 10 10 10 10...

help! frustration turning to anger!

installed OpenLinux 1.3 have a Windows NT system with 2 EIDE drives,
4.3G and 5.7G. The latter was unused so I decided to install there just
to avoid any potential problems.  First time things appeared to go
pretty well.  Being new to Linux I read a number of HOW-To docs
including the one on Linux+NT-Loader.  I followed the instructions to
the letter including using the bootpart util to add Linux to the NT menu
and installing LILO on the linux partition rather than the NT MBR, so I
figured I was all set when the install and X-Windows config appeared to
go well and I had Linux up and running pretty quickly.  However, when I
rebooted the system to bring up NT I discovered that one of the
partitions on the first drive, the one with the DOS partitions, had been
completely wiped.  Specifically the logical drive that linux knew as
/dev/hda6 had been emptied, even though I had used fdisk to create linux
native and swap partitions on /dev/hdb1, /dev/hdb3, /dev/hdb4.  NT still
worked, but virtually all of my own applications and files were gone.
    The best was yet to come, however.  When I tried to use the Linux
option off the NT menu I got a message that the ntoskrnl was corrupt.
As I said I was still able to run NT fine.  I quickly discovered that I
could still use the boot/install disk to get linux running and
everything seemed to work fine.  At this point I began to second guess
which of the two linux native partitions I had installed LILO, so I
decided to reinstall linux.  Again everything seemed to go ok, except...

    I still couldn't use the NT menu to get to Linux, so I decided to
delete the linux partitions, and start over.  This is where the big
trouble is...now when I try to boot the system with the boot/install
disk that comes with 1.3 all I get is
L 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10...
using rawrite to create a boot disk has the same effect...and trying to
boot with a Red Hat 4.1 boot.img disk produces something very similar...

LILO
error 0X10

if anybody can help, you'd make a rapidly aging man very happy,
Dick

2. Disappearing $0, $1 and $var in sh

3. KLyX install

4. Linux slow

5. klyx

6. copy a backup tape

7. Problem with KLyx and KDE 1.1.1

8. More missing includes [4/4]

9. KDE2rc2 Caused Klyx Broken Dependency

10. klyx & display special characters

11. kLyX and RH 5.1

12. Is KlyX dead?

13. Klyx 0.9.5-1 problem w/ qt...