Konqueror browsing go slow

Post by ebbin » Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:36:26

I have suse 7.1 running kde2.1.2 with Konqueror 2.1.1 After a couple of
hours surfing konqueror goes on a go slow either taking 2\3 minutes to load
a page or just stalling. I have another linux box on my network and have no
problem accessing the same web sites. E-mail is not effected.

Anyone got any suggestions?

ebbing

1. Slow Konqueror file browsing after update HELP

I upgraded KDE to 2.2.2 on my RH 7.2 system. After the upgrade everything
ran like a dream except konqueror file browsing and file open dialogs of K
programs. Every dirchange hangs for 5- 10 secs before responding. Very
annoying ofcourse. Also loging out ot the KDM login screen waits for 15-20
secs. I have the system on a back-end c-class network, and the system does
hence not have a valid DNS hostname. KDE 2.2 rh7.2 had no problems with it
however.
What is also funny is that the rpoblem may dissapear after 10-15 minutes of
working under root. Everything will be snappy again. When logiing in as
another user however will return the problem.

Who knows what this is?

Greeting, Rukhoven

2. Token Ring Error Messages

3. PPP slow. Browsing slow but download fast

4. Looking for lcc backend for linux

5. PPP Slow. Browsing slow but download fast.

6. Shared print in HP-UX 10.20

7. Tabbed browsing in Konqueror

8. Linux SMP on Gigabyte 586DX/Dual P133

9. Lan browsing with Konqueror

10. konqueror hangs browsing samba shares

11. Can't browse html with Konqueror in rc2

12. problem to browse the LAN with konqueror :-((

13. lan browsing with Konqueror