Clearing history, recent documents, etc.

Clearing history, recent documents, etc.

Post by quasimot » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:55:38

Does anyone know of a way to configure Konqueror so that it DOES NOT retain
information on sites visited, recent documents opened, etc. once a session
has ended? This is perhaps the most infuriating default setting I know of,
and it seems to be universally employed, regardless of OS or browser. If
developers want to provide the option to keep track of this information
across multiple sessions, fine--BUT THIS OPTION SHOULD NOT BE TURNED ON BY
DEFAULT. I realize I can manually delete this information--but that is a
pain I should not have to endure.

--
I use GNU/Linux and support the Free Software Foundation. This message was
composed and transmitted using free software, licensed under the General

Post by Thomas Overgaar » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:41:52

> Does anyone know of a way to configure Konqueror so that it DOES NOT
> retain information on sites visited, recent documents opened, etc.
> once a session has ended?

Expand History and rightclick one of the URL's and go to Preferences.
In here set maximum number of URL's to 1.

Now you'll only have the latest URL and when you start Konqueror there
can only be one:
Miscellaneus
      |_Konqueror
--
Thomas O.

Post by quasimot » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:57:43

>> Does anyone know of a way to configure Konqueror so that it DOES NOT
>> retain information on sites visited, recent documents opened, etc.
>> once a session has ended?

> Expand History and rightclick one of the URL's and go to Preferences.
> In here set maximum number of URL's to 1.

> Now you'll only have the latest URL and when you start Konqueror there
> can only be one:

Well, that does get rid of URLs under the history folder--but URLs
are still saved in the "address bar" drop-down list in Konqueror.

--
I use GNU/Linux and support the Free Software Foundation. This message was
composed and transmitted using free software, licensed under the General
Public License.
--

Clearing history, recent documents, etc.

Post by Carsten Pfeiffe » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:13:24

Quote:> Well, that does get rid of URLs under the history folder--but URLs
> are still saved in the "address bar" drop-down list in Konqueror.

Edit .kde/share/config/konq_history and add

[Logation Bar]
Maximum of URLs in combo=1

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer

Post by quasimot » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:36:56

>> Well, that does get rid of URLs under the history folder--but URLs
>> are still saved in the "address bar" drop-down list in Konqueror.

> Edit .kde/share/config/konq_history and add

> [Logation Bar]
> Maximum of URLs in combo=1

Cool. That did it. Thanks!