KMail regex filters and URL clicking problems/questions

KMail regex filters and URL clicking problems/questions

Post by astrod » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:26:17

Hi. I have 2 questions about kmail (version 1.2 using KDE 2.1.1; RedHat 7.1):

First, I am trying to create a regex mail filter, combining many choices
with an '|' character to filter out spam. My test filter is (not including
the single quotes): 'spam1|spam2'. The filter works with the simple (lame)
regex 'spam1' if it is 'spam2' but not with the combined filter
'spam1|spam2'. How can I create more complex regex's?

Second, I was wondering if, when I click on a URL in an email message,
can I get kmail to simply open the URL in netscape? Right now it downloads
the URL to a temporary file and then opens that in netscape (causing any
relative links to fail).

Thanks for any info on either of these problems.
-astrodud
email address (remove capitalized NO and SPAM from the string):

Post by Christian Gebaue » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:23:43

> Hi. I have 2 questions about kmail (version 1.2 using KDE 2.1.1; RedHat
> 7.1):

> First, I am trying to create a regex mail filter, combining many choices
> with an '|' character to filter out spam. My test filter is (not including
> the single quotes): 'spam1|spam2'. The filter works with the simple (lame)
> regex 'spam1' if it is 'spam2' but not with the combined filter
> 'spam1|spam2'. How can I create more complex regex's?

The regular expressions available in KDE 2.1 are very basic, you
can read the documentation over here: http://doc.trolltech.com/qregexp.html

KMail & KNode in KDE 2.2 will have use a backport of the Qt 3.0
reqexp class which is much more powerfull.

Greetings
Christian
--

Post by Harmen Schaa » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:34:46

> Second, I was wondering if, when I click on a URL in an email message,
> can I get kmail to simply open the URL in netscape? Right now it downloads
> the URL to a temporary file and then opens that in netscape (causing any
> relative links to fail).

Had a nice thread on the same problem in the kde-user ML.  Don't know the
exact conifg-file, but moving your ~.kde dir did work. Let KDE recreate the
config files should fix this.

--
Harmen Schaap