kimap problem (newbie)

Post by Raul Cost » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed kde 1.1 on top of Redhat 5.2 and all works fine, except my
keyboard.
I know that i need to build my one pt.kimap (i tryed to find a Portuguese
keyboard map, but i can't find it).

My problem is that i read the help about it and seen the others .kimap, but
i still can't make my one.

Can anyone help me ?

Tanxs in advance,

Jose Raul Costa

1. From a newbie for newbies w/ Modem problems...

I am assuming that this applies to MOST modems, but I am talking about
my USB 5687 in partictular....

For those of you who have bought modems that still have the jumper
settings, remember that "out of the box" modems like that are
structured to let Windows decide the com port, etc.  I'm assuming that
most other modems (I haven't had to screw with jumper settings since
good ol Win 3.1...) have the same issue.

I was at a loss until I read the documentation on installing on NT,
where it stated that you should set your own com port settings (doc
says com port/IRQ set up as "default" whatever that means)

After changing the jumpers (I specified com port 2), getting rid of
one conflict (via my BIOS), I was actually up and running quickly.

I know there isn't a lot of documentation on some of these modems, but
just remember that 99% of them are used in Windows with PNP, and using
jumpers that may be the root of the problem.

If there is anybody w/ more experience in explaining (or debunking)
what I've said, feel free....

On my USB 5687 (got it at best buy....), it works fine with the com2
setting.

Best of luck....

psantt....

2. Xterms not cleaning up utmp properly / Telnet woes

3. newbie: newbie: login problem with Linux Red Hat on IBM A20

4. Having trouble installing 2 network cards

5. run X in 16 bits mode

6. Not a newbie, but with a newbie problem (startx fails error 2)

7. Threads in Linux

8. Newbie newbie newbie

9. Newbie, Newbie, Newbie... Please be patient with me

10. newbie problem CUPS lokkit firewall web browser problem

11. ssh install problem (Newbie compile problem?)

12. FreeBSD newbie having ISP connect problems - route problem