can't send mail in kmail via smtp

Post by Michael Perr » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:15:26

Kmail (1.2 on KDE 2.1.1) is lying to me. It tells me it sends my outgoing

mail to my ISP, but the emails are never received on the other end. I get

no warnings or error messages, and I've checked with my ISP to make sure

the outgoing mail server name is correct. The only way I found this out is

that some messages I sent out were not received by the intended recipients,

so I sent a test message to myself--never received it.

In the sent-mail folder, the last messages that I know were received have

the kmmsgold.png icon next to the, but the ones that weren't have the

kmmsgsent.png icon next to them. I don't recall changing any settings, but

these icons pretty clearly mark when the messages stopped going out.

I can receive messages just fine, but I have to use the web-based email on

my ISP to send anything; needless to say, this is a hassle.

Anyone know what this means, and what I can do?

  kmmsgold.png
< 1K Download

  kmmsgsent.png
< 1K Download

1. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

Hi,

I'm extremely rusty on UNIX, and am looking for help on sending HTML mail
via SMTP, using mail or Mail.  Could somebody send me a commandline, please?
Specifically:

--how to specify recipient
--how to specify subject
--how to set content-type to HTML
--how to 'attach a file' a la most Windows mail programs

I'm on System V, Release 4

Thanx

--A

2. Root password unknown

3. Sending SMTP mail via mailx

4. AT&T WorldNet

5. Sending mail via smtp from Solaris to Windows

6. SSH on Alpha Linux

7. Argh - can't send e-mail with KMail via yahoo!

8. Version incompatibilities

9. robust program for 'sending mail via pop3'

10. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

11. Kmail - can't sent mail

12. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

13. kmail won't send mail...