DCOPserver already running

Post by David Roya » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 06:01:38

Linux Mandrake on a laptop - good stuff.

I had to install a basic system first and then installed XFree 4.1. After
much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair I have a working X system. I then
installed Gnome and KDE from the LM8 disks.
Gnome works no problem ( apart from freezing on a fairly regular basis). I
cannot get KDE to start - after xinit I type startkde - KDE splash starts
and then I get a message saying DCOPserver is already running and then a
locked X system.

Any clues as to where to start- ( I have deleted the .DCOPserver files from
my home and roots directories)

David