changing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults for 1 user only

changing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults for 1 user only

Post by JumboAg9 » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:14:31

I'm used to CDE and Solaris and am new to KDE... For an individual
user, where would I create/put the files to change app-defaults
settings for an individual user instead of globally. (I assime
somewhere under  /home/username/.kde/share/SOMETHING)

Also,
Is there a good web page or FAQ out there that outlines the basic
directory structure of KDE for global/individual users?

----------
Chris Van Allen

Post by Diego Zambon » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:05:10

> I'm used to CDE and Solaris and am new to KDE... For an individual
> user, where would I create/put the files to change app-defaults
> settings for an individual user instead of globally. (I assime
> somewhere under  /home/username/.kde/share/SOMETHING)

app-default files are not KDE-specific, but X-specific, so it's
probably better not to put them under $HOME/.kde. But you can put them
anywhere you want, and set the XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment
variable accordingly. For example, I set mine to
"/home/zamboni/lib/app-defaults/%N", and put the app-defaults files
under /home/zamboni/lib/app-defaults/.

--Diego