Where is the .profile for KDE xterms?

Post by Neophyt » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to configure the profile for xterms but I can't seem to find
it.  Can someone give me the path where this is located?  Thanks.

Post by XeT Erixo » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I'm trying to configure the profile for xterms but I can't seem to find
> it.  Can someone give me the path where this is located?  Thanks.

If you by "KDE xterms" mean 'kvt', the file is 'kvtrc' located in
$(USER)/.kde/share/config

If you mean 'konsole' the file is called 'konsolerc' located
in the same directory as above.

If you really mean 'xterm', you're in the wrong group :-)

--
XeT

Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very
good; and when it is bad, it is better than nothing.

Where is the .profile for KDE xterms?

Post by Neophyt » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I meant the terminal emulation under KDE.  I'd like to configure the
prompts, aliases, etc.  That's all.

Post by f.. » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I meant the terminal emulation under KDE.  I'd like to configure the
> prompts, aliases, etc.  That's all.

.profile doesn't get executed with kvt, konsole or xterm. Put the
initialization stuff in .bashrc

Roope

--
MicroSoft? is that some kind of a toilet paper?
PS: Look for address here, not from headers. And remove NOSPAM's

     +358 9 812 7567  /  +358 9 511 20585  /  +358 40 750 4480
             http://myy.helia.fi/~anttiner/index.html
       Nokia Networks - Radio Access Systems - Site Solutions

Where is the .profile for KDE xterms?

Post by Jeff Susan » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

It actually depends on what the default shell is.  If you are using the c
shell or tc shell then use .cshrc.  If you are using bash the .bashrc.
.profile is for some shell and since I can't remember any other I would
assume sh.

Jeff S.

>> I meant the terminal emulation under KDE.  I'd like to configure the
>> prompts, aliases, etc.  That's all.

>.profile doesn't get executed with kvt, konsole or xterm. Put the
>initialization stuff in .bashrc

>Roope

>--

1. KDE won't start if my .profile or /etc/profile has stty commands

.. or any other commands that write to the tty.  Its strange.  I'm
running SuSE 7.2, and I've written an istty program in C which simply
calls isattty(fd), and exits with 0 if it is a tty.  Even with this in my
.profile or /etc/profile, kde wont start (x does start).  I'm removing my
remaining hair, so hurry!

Thanks

2. Solaris 2.5 nfs directory hangs, machine must be rebooted

3. Prob with "who am i" in .profile

4. Problem with DMA buffer (in 2.2.15)

5. the .profile can't execute at the opening xterm

6. Masquerading for a Server

7. .profile wont execute in xterms

8. How small can Linux/X be?

9. Bash profile not read at xterm startup

10. Retain .profile info in xterm

11. xterm, and /etc/profile.

12. Gnome Xterm not reading .profile

13. .profile and xterm title problems