KDE1 -> KDE2 porting guide or filter scripts?

KDE1 -> KDE2 porting guide or filter scripts?

Post by Kevi » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:03:03

Does anyone know if a porting guide to convert KDE1 application
into a KDE2 application exists?  How about some filter scripts to
run on the source code; do such beasts exist?

Thanks...

P.S.:  I looked at the prospect of installing KDE1 along side
       KDE2 on my Mandrake 8.0 system.  Mandrake hasn't used KDE1
       since MDK 6.X.  Their source RPMS are no longer available
       at mirrors.  I'd rather not try and package KDE1 without
       having Mandrake's spec file.  So, I'm thinking that
       porting the small app. might be easier.  Maybe I'm wrong?

Post by Stephan Binne » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:23:29

> Does anyone know if a porting guide to convert KDE1 application
> into a KDE2 application exists?  How about some filter scripts to
> run on the source code; do such beasts exist?

http://doc.trolltech.com/2.3/porting.html
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kdelibs/KDE2PORTI...

Too much changes for a script.

Bye,
   Steve

1. Libraries Upgrade- KDE2 installation - KDE1 & KDE2 together

I succesfully installed the KDE2 envriroment in my Suse Linux 6.2. In order
to do this, I upadated my gppshare.rpm so that I now have the libc6.1-2.so3
library. The KDE2 enviroment works fine, however Netscape 6, that worked
fine with kde1, now crashes with a message about libc.6.1-.....so2. ( I
suppose the previous library). Can I make it work under kde2? Can I have
both kde1 and kde2 working in my linux box? What can I do to restore
kde1?THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

2. KDE crashes-returns to login manager

3. KDE1 ---> KDE2 on RH7

4. Worth upgrading to 1.2.* ?

5. A few KDE1.x -> KDE2.x Questions

6. Project

7. KDE1.9.2 -> KDE2.0.1 upgrade problems

8. DLT4000 problems

9. Porting guides for Sun->AIX->HPUX?

10. KDE1 and KDE2 in parallel

11. Install KDE2.0.1 over KDE1.1