Browser and Dejanews website

Post by Terry MacKenzi » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

Just installed KDE and it makes using Linux a helluva  lot easier.  I did like
AfterStep but that was too damn awkward to configure, besides KDE runs faster
on my system.

However, I did notice that the browser didn't like the Dejanews site too much -
it wouldn't display search results.  Has anybody noticed anything similar?

Cheers

T.

Terry MacKenzie
---------------

Remove the 'AT' to reply to email

1. No website access for Linux browsers?

Hi all!

On my computer I have both Linux (SuSE 7.3) and Windows 98. I connect to
the internet with DSL using smpppd for Linux and EnterNet for Windows.
I never had any major problems in browsing the Web with Linux. But since
the beginning of this year I have a strange problem with the website of
my bank (www.advance-bank.de). I cannot connect to it with ANY browser
in Linux, neither Lynx nor Netscape 4.7, Mozilla, Opera and StarOffice.
After the message "HTTP request sent, waiting for response..." nothing
happens.

Using windows, Netscape and Internet Explorer can access the site
without any problems.

What could be the technical reason for this? Is there any difference
between an HTTP request sent by a Linux browser and a request sent by a
Windows browser? I also tried different browser identifications with
Opera, but that did not help either.

Any ideas? (Needless to say, the friendly guy at the bank's hotline did
not have any...)

cu,
Roland

2. How do I search inside a string?

3. Help requested getting to a website with various browsers.

4. 2.5.x Bluetooth subsystem sync up

5. Linux browsers denied access to Ziff Davis website

6. RedHat5.2 and Win95 Networking

7. Software to manipulate websites via internet browser

8. Help needed with fvwm

9. New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

10. Website uses TL-TTHemalatha for font face, Browser knows TL_TTHemalatha

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

13. IP Masq and Dejanews.....anybody else can't get through?