(Q) Ordering mail in KMail folders

Post by Timothy Murp » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:17:14

For some reason my KMail folders --
which used to be ordered by date --
now seem to appear in random order.

I didn't see anything in "Configure KMail" to correct this,
and there didn't seem any obvious setting in ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc .
(And I didn't find anything about this in the KMail Handbook.)

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

Post by Olav » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:21:48

> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Try clicking on the "Date" header in the message lists.

--
Olav

Just kidding, I'm online.

Post by Timothy Murp » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:12:28

>> Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.
>Try clicking on the "Date" header in the message lists

[to get email in date order].

Thanks very much.
I didn't see this mentioned in the KMail handbook --
certainly not in the FAQ.

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

Post by Timothy Murp » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:12:18

>>>Try clicking on the "Date" header in the message lists
>> [to get email in date order].

>> Thanks very much.
>> I didn't see this mentioned in the KMail handbook --
>> certainly not in the FAQ.
>It's not a FAQ, because it's quite obvious to anyone who's ever used a
>graphical mail reader how to do it, and it's not actually a question
>that is frequently asked.

I take it you mean anyone who has used a Windows mail reader?
I very much doubt if many Linux people starting KMail
used a graphical mail reader under Linux before --
I imagine a large majority used mutt or pine or something like that.

Quote:>It is, however, in the KMail handbook:
>"You may sort the messages by clicking on the column that you wish to
>sort. If you click on the same column more than once, sort order will
>toggle between ascending/descending."

Touch\'e.

Regarding the FAQ (my remark applies to most FAQs in and out of KDE)
I think it would be a good thing if there were an address one could email
with suggested questions and answers for the FAQ,
not just for KMail or KDE but for Linux generally.
Of course the author of the FAQ could ignore the suggestions
if he/she didn't like them.

Having said that, I do think the KMail Handbook is one of the better KDE docs.
(KAddressBook springs to mind as one of the lesser breed.)

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

1. get kmail imap folders into main folders

Hi,
    I'm running gentoo with kde 3.  I'm using kmail for as an imap emial
client.  The only thing I don't like is that kmail creates a new dir for the
imap mail.  Can I make the defaut kmail inbox be my imap inbox (and so on)?

I'm not sure if I'm being clear enouph... let me know.
Otherwise is there a better imap emial client?

thanks allot!!

bernie
www.bernieberg.com

2. How to embed linux on a SMP motherboard?

3. How do I stop kmail from checking all mail folders?

4. NO CURSOR under linux

5. kmail won't compact mail folders

6. hardisk problems

7. Export/import mail/folders between Kmail, Netscape and other

8. Test: ignore

9. Help: KMAil 2.2.2: Can I backup child mail folders?

10. Kmail's mail folder location

11. kmail won't compact mail folders

12. mail folder is in /var/mail or /var/spool/mail