KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

Post by skid » Fri, 02 May 2003 01:16:46

I apologize in advance for the basic question.

I've recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 (KDE 3.1) from previous
releases of both.  Historically, I have been able to paste text (which
has been previously highlighted with mouse) via the Shift-Ins key
combination.  This has worked across Konsole windows, vim, etc...
However, as of this upgrade, the Shift-Ins key combination does not
seem to paste?

I notice that the middle mouse button does still work, but my fingers
have grown quite acustomed to the Shift-Ins combination so that they
do not have to leave the keyboard.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction to re-enable this feature and/or what has changed?

Thanks again.

KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

Post by Manuel Streuhofe » Fri, 02 May 2003 17:24:05

> I apologize in advance for the basic question.

> I've recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 (KDE 3.1) from previous
> releases of both.  Historically, I have been able to paste text (which
> has been previously highlighted with mouse) via the Shift-Ins key
> combination.  This has worked across Konsole windows, vim, etc...
> However, as of this upgrade, the Shift-Ins key combination does not
> seem to paste?

> I notice that the middle mouse button does still work, but my fingers
> have grown quite acustomed to the Shift-Ins combination so that they
> do not have to leave the keyboard.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction to re-enable this feature and/or what has changed?

> Thanks again.

just install and start klipper.
in his configuration you can choose "sync between clipboard and
selection" as far as i remember this is turned off by default.
check that klipper is running from now on every time you start kde and
everything works like before...

well more or less. i found out that selection something in gtk apps does
not put it into the kde clipboard and shift-ins doesn't work then...

Manuel

--
my shift-key is completely ok. i just don't see any reason to use it.
my email-address is not of your concern. live with spam, i won't.

1. kde 3.1 not displaying 3.1 "theme"

Hi,

I have kde 3.1 running on my LFS server. It looks great.

I have an unusual problem though.

I am using this example to clearly show the problem

1.) open exceed (remote X server program) on my windows machine.
2.) telnet into the linux box, set my display to the windows machine ip, and
export DISPLAY.
3.) run startkde

I get a GREAT kde 3.1 desktop, it looks good very pretty etc etc etc.

Infact the desktop looks like this

http://alesi.projecthugo.co.uk/exceed_desktop.bmp (big file could take a
minute to load)

however if I login to the console as the SAME user, I get the same desktop
but in a "less fancy" style

http://alesi.projecthugo.co.uk/console_desktop.png

as you can see they are both the same yet 1 is a little better looking than
the other.

To me this looks like the Console desktop does not have enough colours to
display all the fancy bits ???

Has anyone seen this ?

Know what it is ?

How to fix it ?

thanks,

Matt

2. Zombie problem

3. Konsole 3.1 can't shift+arrow between sessions

4. /kernel: in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 710

5. KDE 3.1 RC1/RC2 comparison to KDE 3.0.4

6. 10base2 To 10baseT Adaptor

7. Keyboard shortcut trouble in Xfig under KDE 3.1

8. Printing to Novel network printer: How?

9. Mandrake 9.0 rpms for KDE 3.1.1 or 3.1.1a

10. KDE 3.1

11. Two issues with KDE 3.1/RH 7.3

12. kde 3.1 themes ??

13. KDE 3.1 and libsmb