KDE2 and Xvnc: cannot log out

Post by Christian Schenz » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to get KDE2 final running with the Xvnc server. The system is
SuSe 7.0 and KDE is the RPMs from the KDE server. Everything works fine
besides logging out. The first time I select it the logout dialog appears,
but then returns to the desktop (with the window manager stopped, the next
times just nothing happens.

This phenomen appears as root or normal user, local X started or not. There
has to be some stuff that it seamingly cannot access.

Did somebody have the same problems and fixed it or can rerport that it
works fine for him?

Thanks in advance,

    Christian Schenzel

--
 ___ --------------------------------------------------------------  ____

 ___)                           http://www.schenzel.de/             |____|
       Bush is actually a corporation running for president         __==__
      disguised as a person. Ralph Nader on LN with Jay Leno.      |______|

KDE2 and Xvnc: cannot log out

Post by Eggert.Eh.. » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to get KDE2 final running with the Xvnc server. The system is
>SuSe 7.0 and KDE is the RPMs from the KDE server. Everything works fine
>besides logging out. The first time I select it the logout dialog appears,
>but then returns to the desktop (with the window manager stopped, the next
>times just nothing happens.

>This phenomen appears as root or normal user, local X started or not. There
>has to be some stuff that it seamingly cannot access.

>Did somebody have the same problems and fixed it or can rerport that it
>works fine for him?

I can remember this problem with one of the last beta versions. Sooner or
later it disapeared, I don't know what caused it.

--
Eggert Ehmke

KDE2 and Xvnc: cannot log out

Post by Christian Schenz » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> >I am trying to get KDE2 final running with the Xvnc server. The system is
> >SuSe 7.0 and KDE is the RPMs from the KDE server. Everything works fine
> >besides logging out. The first time I select it the logout dialog appears,
> >but then returns to the desktop (with the window manager stopped, the next
> >times just nothing happens.

> >This phenomen appears as root or normal user, local X started or not. There
> >has to be some stuff that it seamingly cannot access.

> >Did somebody have the same problems and fixed it or can rerport that it
> >works fine for him?

> I can remember this problem with one of the last beta versions. Sooner or
> later it disapeared, I don't know what caused it.

Is there URL where I can find out more about it or is it that it just
happenend to you?

that didn't help. Which is the best best to look for information what KDE
does during startup and shutdown?

  Thanks,

    Christian

--
 ___ --------------------------------------------------------------  ____

 ___)                           http://www.schenzel.de/             |____|
      If M$ is ever going to produce something that does not suck,  __==__
                    it very likely is a vacuum cleaner.            |______|

KDE2 and Xvnc: cannot log out

Post by Nikita V. Youshchenk » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to get KDE2 final running with the Xvnc server. The system is
> SuSe 7.0 and KDE is the RPMs from the KDE server. Everything works fine
> besides logging out. The first time I select it the logout dialog appears,
> but then returns to the desktop (with the window manager stopped, the next
> times just nothing happens.

> This phenomen appears as root or normal user, local X started or not. There
> has to be some stuff that it seamingly cannot access.

> Did somebody have the same problems and fixed it or can rerport that it
> works fine for him?

> Thanks in advance,

This looks like session manager waits forever for answer form some
client.
Does the same happen if you deselect the "restore session on next login"
box ?

1. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?

If I have a link to a URL on another server, can I log when a user
clicks this link? (sort of like HTTP_REFERRER, but the inverse)

Example:

My site is www.A.com and I have a link to www.B.com along with
www.C.com, www.D.com, etc... I want to know if a user clicks on any of
these links.

Is this possible?

Thanks greatly,
Chuck

2. How to get xconsole working?

3. logging cannot access log

4. a2ps full pathname

5. Cannot log in as root AND cannot run xterm as user...

6. Oh Barf...(CNNfn Win-XP Review)

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Herc Stingray 64 and XF86

9. cannot compile kde2.2.2 or 3.0 at all Large help needed.

10. Cannot start KDE2.0 on Linux7.0

11. KDE2.2beta1: kamera cannot be compiled

12. KDE2 not registered in log on screen

13. KDE2 logging to $HOME/.xsession-errors