KMenu dashed separators

Post by Jerom » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:28:06

Any way to turn off the dashed-line separators at the bottom of various
KMenu items? The main menu and everything above Bookmarks has one and it
takes the shine off 2.2.0.

KMenu dashed separators

Post by Robert_ » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:44:10

> Any way to turn off the dashed-line separators at the bottom of various
> KMenu items? The main menu and everything above Bookmarks has one and it
> takes the shine off 2.2.0.

Well, when you consider that the dashed line shows where you can tear the
menu off and put it anywhere on the screen or even on another desktop- this
is perhaps a sign of polish rather than a lack of it.
But if you don't like it . . .
I don't know how to turn it off unless you are good with code and want to
rewrite and recompile. (but I don't know for sure there isn't an option to
remove it somewhere)
all the best,
Robert_L
--
Linux Mandrake release 8.0 (Traktopel) for i586
Kernel 2.4.13   XFree86 4.1.0

KMenu dashed separators

Post by Jerom » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:38:28

>> Any way to turn off the dashed-line separators at the bottom of various
>> KMenu items? The main menu and everything above Bookmarks has one and it
>> takes the shine off 2.2.0.

> Well, when you consider that the dashed line shows where you can tear the
> menu off and put it anywhere on the screen or even on another desktop-
> this is perhaps a sign of polish rather than a lack of it.

I thought they were "remnants". Thank you for the tip.

Now, it *would* be nice to have separators available for creating menu
entries.