logout gets slower and slower!

Post by nbec.. » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've been running kde-1.1.2 for a long time.  Logout keeps getting
slower and slower.  It's like MSwindows, it keeps getting worse with
use.

What's going on?

Post by Espen San » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I've been running kde-1.1.2 for a long time.  Logout keeps getting
> slower and slower.  It's like MSwindows, it keeps getting worse with
> use.

> What's going on?

I would guess you have an app (or more) that is not closed before you log
out. Perhpas this app. does not work very well with the session management
or simply needs some time to terminate.

--
Espen Sand

1. PPP gets slower and slower

I am using KPPP with Mandrake 9.0, dial-up with an internal Conexant-based
modem with the correct RPM from the Conexant project site.

As a session progresses, the time to connect gets slower and slower.  I can
usually get to "starting pppd", but the next stage times out with Exit
Status 10, even with the time allowed set to maximum.

Any ideas? TIA.

Doug.

2. Networking to NT... Linux faster than Solaris!

3. Server getting slower and slower. Why?

4. Password Strength

5. telnet logins running slower and slower...

6. Subxcription info

7. Workshop 4.2 -> 5.0 -> 6.0 slower and slower...

8. ghostscript

9. cable connect.slower&slower->dead

10. Solaris 2.5: IPC gets faster, Sparc 20 gets slower?

11. DSL on Linux 2.2.20: internet getting slower

12. Ultra 2 is getting slower

13. HELP NEEDED: network connection gets slower during uptime