problem seeing newly installed TTF fonts in KDE Look&Feel->Fonts

problem seeing newly installed TTF fonts in KDE Look&Feel->Fonts

Post by Alan Maitla » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:35:20

Good morning (or afternoon or evening or night - whatever)!

I "ripped" Windows fonts folder and added it's ttf fonts to Linux
fonts resources using KDE Control Center System -> Font Installer. Now
I perfectly see these new ttf fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
folder.

However, I CAN'T PICK them in LookNFeel -> Fonts. They are not on the
list. Neither Font server restart (xfs), nor full restart helped.

What should I fix in order to get them on the available fonts list?

Thank you for reading these lines.

1. KDE 2.2.2: control center: Look & Feel: Fonts: fixed width font selector broken ?

KDE 2.2.2 insists on using the script font "Arioso" as the fixed width
font, which is really annoying. Even if I change the fixed width font
setting to some other font, KDE refuses to honor the change. For
example, if I:

a) Open the KDE control center
b) Select the "Look & Feel | Fonts" option
c) Click on the "Choose..." button next to the "Fixed width" font
option
d) Select "Fixed 10 default" and click OK [n.b. "Fixed" is the only
font name available, and "default" is the only character set
available; so "Fixed <size> default" is the only font choice
available]
e) Click on the "Apply" button
f) Select the "Look & Feel | Icons" option
g) Re-select the "Look & Feel | Fonts" option

At this point the "Fixed width" font is once again set to the script
font "Arioso".

So how do I change the fixed width font to something other than
Arioso?  [FWIW, I'm working with a Redhat 7.2 distrobution.] Tia...

Jim

2. Solaris or Solaris x86 FAQ?

3. @#%^&ed up font scaling with ttf fonts

4. mset(), mclear(), msleep() and mwakeup(): Where?

5. Can XFree86 4.0.1 display TTF fonts with ttf modules?

6. building postgres

7. Why TTF fonts + fonconfig look very ugly?

8. Graphical install / Core Solaris

9. <font color="blue"><B>kmail</B></font> question

10. <font color="blue"><B>modemblaster</B></font>

11. TTF->PostScript Font Converter??

12. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

13. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!