KDE 3.1 RC1/RC2 comparison to KDE 3.0.4

Post by lm9use » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:14:14

Any major improvements/reasons to upgrade ?

Has anyone tested kaddressbook's working with openLDAP ( only reason for me
so far).

How about kdevelop 3 - is it included ?

Post by Stephan Binne » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 05:57:15

> Any major improvements/reasons to upgrade ?

Sure: Better, faster, less expensive ;-)

Quote:> Has anyone tested kaddressbook's working with openLDAP
> ( only reason for me so far).

No, I would like to but don't know a public LDAP server.

Quote:> How about kdevelop 3 - is it included ?

No. Maybe an Alpha version is distributed with KDE 3.1.

Bye,
   Steve

1. kde 3.1 not displaying 3.1 "theme"

Hi,

I have kde 3.1 running on my LFS server. It looks great.

I have an unusual problem though.

I am using this example to clearly show the problem

1.) open exceed (remote X server program) on my windows machine.
2.) telnet into the linux box, set my display to the windows machine ip, and
export DISPLAY.
3.) run startkde

I get a GREAT kde 3.1 desktop, it looks good very pretty etc etc etc.

Infact the desktop looks like this

http://alesi.projecthugo.co.uk/exceed_desktop.bmp (big file could take a
minute to load)

however if I login to the console as the SAME user, I get the same desktop
but in a "less fancy" style

http://alesi.projecthugo.co.uk/console_desktop.png

as you can see they are both the same yet 1 is a little better looking than
the other.

To me this looks like the Console desktop does not have enough colours to
display all the fancy bits ???

Has anyone seen this ?

Know what it is ?

How to fix it ?

thanks,

Matt

2. Newbie ==>Dual Processor Questions

3. Where is kde.debian.net or kde.tdyc.com/pub/kde ?

4. dtwm crashing

5. why does kde sometimes install to /opt/kde, and sometimes to /usr/local/kde?

6. Linux.* newsgroups newsfeed wanted

7. Keyboard shortcut trouble in Xfig under KDE 3.1

8. Stupid VLB cirrus 5426

9. Mandrake 9.0 rpms for KDE 3.1.1 or 3.1.1a

10. KDE 3.1

11. Two issues with KDE 3.1/RH 7.3

12. kde 3.1 themes ??

13. KDE 3.1 and libsmb