konqueror profiles view -> Use index.html permanent deselection?

konqueror profiles view -> Use index.html permanent deselection?

Post by robert larki » Tue, 27 May 2003 14:24:53

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to permanently deselect the "use index.html"
option in the view menu.  I'm starting konqueror with "kfmclient
openProfile File Management".  After unchecking the "use index.html" box,
I save the profile but the next time I open konqueror it's checked again.

I cannot find a variable that addresses this in the profile itself.  Does
anyone know how I might edit this profile by hand to make konqueror stop
rendering my index.html files?  There should be a list of allowed
variables/options somewhere but I can't find it.

Post by Liam O'Tool » Wed, 28 May 2003 19:53:31

> Hello,

> I'm trying to figure out how to permanently deselect the "use index.html"
> option in the view menu.  I'm starting konqueror with "kfmclient
> openProfile File Management".  After unchecking the "use index.html" box,
> I save the profile but the next time I open konqueror it's checked again.

> I cannot find a variable that addresses this in the profile itself.  Does
> anyone know how I might edit this profile by hand to make konqueror stop
> rendering my index.html files?  There should be a list of allowed
> variables/options somewhere but I can't find it.

After deselecting "use index.html", try saving the current view profile.

--

Liam

E-mail: remove "_alias" from the address above

Post by robert larki » Thu, 29 May 2003 18:28:12

>> Hello,

>> I'm trying to figure out how to permanently deselect the "use index.html"
>> option in the view menu.  I'm starting konqueror with "kfmclient
>> openProfile File Management".  After unchecking the "use index.html" box,
>> I save the profile but the next time I open konqueror it's checked again.

>> I cannot find a variable that addresses this in the profile itself.  Does
>> anyone know how I might edit this profile by hand to make konqueror stop
>> rendering my index.html files?  There should be a list of allowed
>> variables/options somewhere but I can't find it.

> After deselecting "use index.html", try saving the current view profile.

Thats what I've done.  All of my changes are saved -except the "use
index.html"

Post by Liam O'Tool » Fri, 30 May 2003 04:27:35

>>>Hello,

>>>I'm trying to figure out how to permanently deselect the "use index.html"
>>>option in the view menu.  I'm starting konqueror with "kfmclient
>>>openProfile File Management".  After unchecking the "use index.html" box,
>>>I save the profile but the next time I open konqueror it's checked again.

>>>I cannot find a variable that addresses this in the profile itself.  Does
>>>anyone know how I might edit this profile by hand to make konqueror stop
>>>rendering my index.html files?  There should be a list of allowed
>>>variables/options somewhere but I can't find it.

>>After deselecting "use index.html", try saving the current view profile.

> Thats what I've done.  All of my changes are saved -except the "use
> index.html"

Sorry, I mis-read your original post. Sounds like you've got a genuine
bug there.

If you want to try setting the flag manually, add/edit the line
HTMLAllowed=false in the file $KDEHOME/share/config/konquerorrc

--

Post by Liam O'Tool » Fri, 30 May 2003 05:02:05

>>> After deselecting "use index.html", try saving the current view profile.

>> Thats what I've done.  All of my changes are saved -except the "use
>> index.html"

> Sorry, I mis-read your original post. Sounds like you've got a genuine
> bug there.

> If you want to try setting the flag manually, add/edit the line
> HTMLAllowed=false in the file $KDEHOME/share/config/konquerorrc

Should have added ... the line in question belongs in the section
[MainView Settings]

--

Liam

E-mail: remove "_alias" from the address above

1. konqueror: index.html per View rather than per window

Hi,

I would love to be able to configure konqueror so that the flag "Use
index.html" is per view instead of per window.

What I want to do is to have two views in the file manager and have
konqueror display the list of files in one view and the index.html
file in the other view.  Then when I click on a directory in the file
view, both views get updated to reflect the new directory (ie the
directoy list shows the new directory and the index.html view shows
the index.html in the new directory).

This does not seem to be possible from just a "select use index.html"
depending on which view you are in.  Is there a way of configuring
this?  Or is this just a matter of having to wait for the konqueror
team to implement this feature?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig.

2. Have you seen this - Disk corruption with Sol2.5.1 on Ultra 2?

3. Apache problem --> index.html can't be viewed

4. setuid/setgid scripts for pppd initialization

5. listing a directory with an index.html (even with DirectoryIndex index.html)

6. Lynx security hole

7. No index.html file ==> show index of /xxx?

8. select() woes

9. konqueror View->View Mode->Kmozilla error?

10. need to stop konqueror loading index.html as file manager

11. Konqueror and "Use index.html"

12. Problem: WWW-Authenticate-Header upon internal Redirect / -> /index.html

13. Apache/mod_rewrite: index.html --> /