pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!

pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!

Post by Matthijs Koopman » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:28:54

Hi,

I have this wierd thing with my knode: I can post new items, but I cannot
seem to post replies. I receive the following error: unable to locate
hostname. This is only when I reply to posts, not when I start a new
subject! And this happened only recently.

I run Mandrake 8.2 with KDE 3.03. The update to KDE 3.03 is quite recent,
but I had the problem already with 3.02. I assume that the problem is not
related to the KDE version, because it was working fine before on 3.02.

I did not make any other alterations to the system...

I hope that you can help me, as it is quite annoying not to be able to reply
to posts.

Thanks

Matthijs

Read this very carefully, for I shall write this only once.

Post by Thomas Overgaar » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 05:38:36

> I have this wierd thing with my knode: I can post new items, but I
> cannot seem to post replies. I receive the following error: unable to
> locate hostname. This is only when I reply to posts, not when I start
> a new subject! And this happened only recently.

Does the error-message come from KNode or the newsserver?

But try this. Go to "Configure KNode"|"Posting News"|Technical" and
check "Generate Message-ID" and put "castor.casema.net" in the
"Hostname" window.
--
Thomas O.

pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!

Post by Matthijs Koopman » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:03:33

Well Thomas, if you can read this, then my problem is solved.

Thanks!

Rgds

Matthijs

>> I have this wierd thing with my knode: I can post new items, but I
>> cannot seem to post replies. I receive the following error: unable to
>> locate hostname. This is only when I reply to posts, not when I start
>> a new subject! And this happened only recently.

> Does the error-message come from KNode or the newsserver?

> But try this. Go to "Configure KNode"|"Posting News"|Technical" and
> check "Generate Message-ID" and put "castor.casema.net" in the
> "Hostname" window.

Read this very carefully, for I shall write this only once.

1. Free memory not free ??? Pls Hlp!

I try to install linux on a notebook (Compaq LTE 5100)
with P90 and 40MB RAM, but I keep getting an error when

  RAMDISK: Loading 703 blocks into ram disk... Problem:
  block on freelist at 00ffa080 isn't free.

The same error message comes up both with Slackware 3.5
and Redhat 5.1 boot/root disks. Sometimes I get a dump
of all CPU registers and stack instead.

What does this mean? Hardware memory error? Please help!

BTW. Before I enter the rootdisk, the kernel writes
(among many other things)

  Memory 14384k/16384k available (972k kernel code, 384k
  reserved, 680k data)
  <...>
  Ramdisk driver initialized : 16 ramdisks of 49152K size

Could this have something to do with it?

*/              Oskar Enoksson, Linkoping, Sweden                  /*

2. VMWare Plain disk creation

3. KNode and KMail do not reply via Mail

4. File-restore

5. Apache "Post to xxx.pl not supported"/Method not implemented problem

6. Questions on system configurations

7. PLEASE STOP POSTING REPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS !!!

8. XF86Config; ET4000-ISA & Samsung Syncmaster3

9. Pls disregard my last posting about mouse not working X11..

10. Large IDE drive - Pls hlp!!!

11. SPEA Mirrage P64 ( S3-Trio ) X pls hlp!

12. PLS HLP! Windows X Problems!

13. PLS HLP; shell windows in X are blank(black)