Click-to-focus strangeness

Post by bad_kn » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:25:28

Hello,
I'm Using kde 3.1 on mandrake.

Way back since kde 1.2, I've  noticed this weird behaviour
using the click-to-focus policy.

sometimes, while clicking in a partially hidden window, the
window I click in gets focused, but does not get brought to the
top unless I click the titlebar or part of the window frame.

Why is that?  Is it something I dont have configured properly,
or just a wierdness with kde?

Thanks
bl8n8r

Click-to-focus strangeness

Post by Sayantan Su » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:06:41

Quote:> Why is that?  Is it something I dont have configured properly,
> or just a wierdness with kde?

- I've seen it happening with couple of other window managers too. I also
see the same behavior when I have click to focus turned on.

--
Sayantan Sur

Graduate Research Assistant
Dept. of Computer Science
The Ohio State University.

1. How do you control the focus in a Window Manager to do Click To Focus?

I'm trying to work with a small window manager and customize it's behavior.
 I'm working with lwm as a starting place.  One issue I've been struggling
with is how to keep focus from following the mouse.  The place where it's
being handled now is in the EnterNotify handler and when I make that
handler return, to keep the code from switch the focus of the windows, when
the mouse makes it over the client inside the frame, the input focus still
switches.  Is there some other message that changes the focus?  I tried
adding FocusIn and FocusOut handlers but I must not be registering properly
for those events because my handlers don't get called.

I've been trying to look in the code of fvwm2 but since they made it a
style it hasn't seemed really clear how they get ClickToFocus to work.

Any suggestions?

Kelly French

2. Need help on setting up my Sound Blaster Vibra 16..

3. Ximian - anyone else have to double/triple click for focus?

4. Replacement for AT&T 705 Terminals

5. can't click to focus, console doesn't work

6. Dual NIC arp problem

7. blackbox author says it will NEVER have click on focus

8. locate modem under Linux everyone How do i knw which com the my modem hooked up to? cua0 cua1 cua2 ??? thanks

9. click to focus

10. Changing focus with a mouse 'click'

11. X window in front when clicking but focus follow mouse!

12. click to focus is broken

13. KDE Click focus