KDE2 konsole and alt key in bash

Post by ste.. » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I just upgraded to KDE2 on both Solaris and Linux. konsole looks
very good, *except* that it won't pass alt key stroke events to bash,
e.g. I cant use Alt-backspace to delete back one word (and no
Alt-delete doesn't work either). Oddly enough on my Linux box one alt
command works (Alt-b to move back one word), but this doesn't work on
Solaris.

Unfortunately these keystrokes are hard wired into my brain, as I also
use XEmacs. Until I can solve this problem I will be stuck using
xterm.

Steve

1. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

OK, KDE 3.0.5 is great. Konsole is great. takes a little more mem than
xterm etc, but it sure is nicer.. *BUT* :
why are my DEL and INS keys not working in Konsole????
They DO work in X, gvim, mozilla, etc, so it's not .Xmodmap or whatever.
What's doing something to Konsole? And better still: where can I fix this
behaviour?

My DEL/INS keys work fine running konsole+vim, but not in the main
konsole. No big deal, but just curious..

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)

2. Replacing \ character in Bash.

4. is this a rootkit?

5. Only left alt key working in bash

6. FixDist Exclude File

7. Netscape and ALT+Left,ALT+Right keys

8. SLS 1.03 pl12 can't display remote X

9. <alt gr> key as <alt>?

10. <Alt>+<key> = <Esc><key> ?

11. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations

12. Alt Key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 X terminal?

13. Use Windows key for Alt key in gnome-terminal