konqueror bookmark problem

Post by Mary Strime » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:08:00

I just installed Mandrake 8.1, and konqueror will not let me add any
bookmarks.  I tried importing my old ones from suse, which did not work,
but when I try to add new ones nothing happens.  choosing Edit->bookmarks
shows an empty screen.
thanks for any ideas!

Post by Ladislav Stroji » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:00:07

> I just installed Mandrake 8.1, and konqueror will not let me add any
> bookmarks.  I tried importing my old ones from suse, which did not work,
> but when I try to add new ones nothing happens.  choosing Edit->bookmarks
> shows an empty screen.

Hi,

I have no idea what is wrong. :-))

But here's what you can do:
Start konqueror from command line and look at the ouput to see, if it says
anything unusual (like when you press CTRL-B: Permission denied :-))
Check permisision of .kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
Try it as different user.
Try moving bookmarks away and see if konqueror can recreate the file.

Cheers,
Lada

--
Ladislav Strojil
MFF, Charles University in Prague

konqueror bookmark problem

Post by Mary Strim » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:04:59

Thanks Lada, I will try that.  Bookmarks can be added when I log in as
"root", so its probably the permissions.
One other question: previously I was able to get the bookmark folders
to display as drop-downs on the menubar ... a wonderful feature.
Can't remember how I did it, so I'll take any suggestions for that
too.
best,
Mary

Post by Ladislav Stroji » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 06:00:40

> Thanks Lada, I will try that.  Bookmarks can be added when I log in as
> "root", so its probably the permissions.
> One other question: previously I was able to get the bookmark folders
> to display as drop-downs on the menubar ... a wonderful feature.
> Can't remember how I did it, so I'll take any suggestions for that
> too.

Hi,

I think this is default (and it can't be probably changed at all). Konqueror
has menu entry Bookmarks that contains all the bookmarks.

As a tip: Add to your panel (kicker) button "Bookmarks". This way you have
your bookmarks always handy.

Cheers,
Lada

--

Post by Kevin Kramme » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:57:38

>> Thanks Lada, I will try that.  Bookmarks can be added when I log in
>> as "root", so its probably the permissions.
>> One other question: previously I was able to get the bookmark folders
>> to display as drop-downs on the menubar ... a wonderful feature.
>> Can't remember how I did it, so I'll take any suggestions for that
>> too.

> Hi,

> I think this is default (and it can't be probably changed at all).
> Konqueror has menu entry Bookmarks that contains all the bookmarks.

I think the OP meant the Bookmark toolbar.
You can activate it in Settings->Show bookamrk toolbar (or something
similar, I am not using an English KDE)

Its very small and easy overlooked if it is empty.
Go to Bookmarks->edit bookmarks and out some in.

Cheers,
Kevin

--

Student at Graz University of Technology
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/v/voyager

1. how to convert konqueror bookmarks to mozilla bookmarks automatically

All,

I often use various browser in various os. But konqueror in Linux is my
primary browser, i want to convert konqueror's bookmarks to mozilla's
automatically everyday. I know keditbookmarks can do this. However it
seems it doesnt support converting in command line.

Any hints are very appreciated!

Xuejun

2. Motorola ModemSurfr

3. Transfer Konqueror bookmarks

4. PS/2 Intellimouse....

5. Importing old-style bookmarks into konqueror

6. Problems connecting to isp with pppd

7. konqueror bookmark icons

8. LINUX as a SLIP server

9. KDE 2.1.1 : Konqueror: Bookmark Toolbar Not Displaying

10. Konqueror & Netscape bookmarks path

11. Importing netscape bookmarks in konqueror ?

12. Importing bookmarks into konqueror 2.1

13. Import Netscape Bookmarks to KDE Konqueror