config files kde panel

Post by Roel » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 00:50:17

Hello

In kde3 you can add in the kde panel for example a taskbar and system tray,
what config file does the kde panel, taskbar and system tray use.
I would like to remove kinternet from the system tray and add knode.

Best regards,

Roel Koelewijn  | SuSE 8.0 Kernel 2.4.18
Netherlands     | Dual PIII 667
homepage        | 384 RAM  666 RAM swap
http://members.home.nl/rl.koelewijn/linux/

config files kde panel

Post by Wolfgang Schalo » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 05:57:42

Hello,

> In kde3 you can add in the kde panel for example a taskbar and system
> tray, what config file does the kde panel, taskbar and system tray use.

have a look at .kde/share/config/kickerrc - but why bother with
configuration files? :-) [1]

Open a xterm (console) and enter:

This will show you some more vital KDE-Processes... Interesting, isn't it?

Quote:> I would like to remove kinternet from the system tray and add knode.

[1] Right Button Mouseclick on kinternet. Click on 'Close' or whatever ist
is in the english version (in german it's 'Beenden'). Select to save your
Session when you'll logoff.

Open the Menue from where you normaly start knode. Klick and hold left
Mousebutton on knode and drag an drop it to the kicker (taskbar). You can
remove it by right Button Mouseclick on the Icon and select ... I think you
allready know.

Regards

Wolfgang

1. KDE panel config prob after RPM update

Hello,

I recently updated everything that needed to be updated according to the
Mandrake 6 update tool.  I was very happy with the updates because it
seemed much faster, my netscape stopped crashing and my connect speeds
went from 38400 to 57600.  However, I noticed a problem I hadn't had
before when I created a new user.  When I log in as that new user I
can't configure the panel.  When I click config nothing happens.  The
config option still works for the existing users but not the new one.
Anybody know a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

2. Altec mouse under Linux (Can't get it to work)!

3. KDE 2.1 panel crashes when child panel activated (after using font anti-alias)

4. /dev/ram(x) does it work in v2.0.0?

5. translating kppp config files to ppp config files

6. A LOT OF MONEY!!!

7. KDE 3.0.3 File Config ?

8. glimpseHTTP archive manager program. Need help.

9. Location of 'taskbar' config files under KDE 3

10. Printer Properties Config File - Where in X and KDE

11. $KDEHOME/share/config/kde-configrc and KDE 3.0.3

12. KDE "$HOME/.kde/share/config/*" ???

13. KDE 2.0.1 on RH7: missing kde-config ?