qt3 and designer

Post by JimJi » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:11:07

hello everyone,

        Is qt-designer the best choice for making a front end for mysql? Is
anybody out there that would suggested gtk or something else? (why?)

        I have started using the designer in order to make the front end. As
I want to use mysql's API , I can't figure out where am I supposed to put
the code of mysql's API. For example, I created a push button and I set up a
signal handler for when the button is clicked. When I click on the handler,
an Edit Form1 window opens with a function like:
void Form1::PushButton_clicked()
I presumed that this is where I am supposed to put my code for opening a
connection to the database and fetching some data from a table. Apparently
this is not working. Basicly, I dont know where to put the include
preprocessors for including header files spesific to the mysql API and use
objects of it. I can't find something similar in the documentation. I'm sure
that this is easy for somebody out there. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you all in advance,
dimitris.

qt3 and designer

Post by Eggert.ehmk » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:35:19

>        I have started using the designer in order to make the front end. As
>I want to use mysql's API , I can't figure out where am I supposed to put
>the code of mysql's API. For example, I created a push button and I set up a
>signal handler for when the button is clicked. When I click on the handler,
>an Edit Form1 window opens with a function like:
>void Form1::PushButton_clicked()
>I presumed that this is where I am supposed to put my code for opening a
>connection to the database and fetching some data from a table. Apparently
>this is not working. ...

The Qt designer is the tool to generate your gui. To produce working
code, you are supposed to derive subclasses of the classes generated
by designer, reimplement the virtual functions that are connected to
the gui elements (buttons etc) and place your code there. Now you have
separate files where you can put any #include line you want.

To generate a complete application, you might kdevelop give a try. It
can handle pure Qt applications too.

Regards
Eggert

qt3 and designer

Post by germai » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:39:23

> hello everyone,

hi,
maybe you should have a look at QTDIR/examples/sql

You can communicate with MySQL without explicitly including any MySQL
stuff...there's a MySQL driver included in Qt.

G.

Quote:

>         Is qt-designer the best choice for making a front end for mysql?
>         Is
> anybody out there that would suggested gtk or something else? (why?)

>         I have started using the designer in order to make the front end.
>         As
> I want to use mysql's API , I can't figure out where am I supposed to put
> the code of mysql's API. For example, I created a push button and I set up
> a signal handler for when the button is clicked. When I click on the
> handler, an Edit Form1 window opens with a function like:
> void Form1::PushButton_clicked()
> I presumed that this is where I am supposed to put my code for opening a
> connection to the database and fetching some data from a table. Apparently
> this is not working. Basicly, I dont know where to put the include
> preprocessors for including header files spesific to the mysql API and use
> objects of it. I can't find something similar in the documentation. I'm
> sure that this is easy for somebody out there. Any help would be
> appreciated.

> thank you all in advance,
> dimitris.

1. how can I compile windows executable files with the qt3-designer

I'm just trying to program a little bit with the qt3-designer
including in suse 8.0, but don't know much about it.

I've read that it is possible to make windows executable and linux
executable files with it.
I've written  a short test file and made a executable file which I can
run in linux now I want to run it in Windows too but running make with
the by qmake generated Makefile doesn't work under windows. what have
I to do? I is it possible at all?

thx for your help

Nico

2. Format.dat for ST15150N

3. qt3 and designer

4. Sendmail 8.8.4 REMOTE EXPLOIT!!

5. QT3: QWorkspace in the designer-environment

6. restore /bin?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. COL 2.2 and netware issues

9. qt2.3.0 and qt3 snapshot