Icons, where art thou icons....

Post by Mark Sling » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:38:45

Just upgraded kde to 2.2 on FreeBSD  4.4-STABLE

Lots of nice improvements from 2.1 that I was previously running.
Two little problems:

1. No icons display. not on the desktop, panel, toolbars.....
2. control centre keeps crashing.

I can live without number 2, but number 1 is a real bummer.....

Any ideas?

Mark.

--
Mark Slingo

http://www.slingo.nq.nu

Icons, where art thou icons....

Post by Mark Sling » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:34:09

Fixed!

Apparently kde doesn't like png 1.2.0

once I downgraded to 1.0.10 (Only other version I had) all worked find,
including control centre.

Mark.

> Just upgraded kde to 2.2 on FreeBSD  4.4-STABLE

> Lots of nice improvements from 2.1 that I was previously running.
> Two little problems:

> 1. No icons display. not on the desktop, panel, toolbars.....
> 2. control centre keeps crashing.

> I can live without number 2, but number 1 is a real bummer.....

> Any ideas?

> Mark.

> --
> Mark Slingo

> http://www.slingo.nq.nu

Mark Slingo

http://www.slingo.nq.nu

1. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

Dear Newsgroup,

Looking for the following:

*  Sites and directories for icons that I can use in the toolbar when setting
    up new buttons in X
* An icon viewer for linux and I heard that you are able to get an icon
  converter from somewhere which allows you to convert icons from a Windows
  format *.ico to a format in X

Thank you to all.

DANIEL

2. Red Hat 5.0 to boot from NT O/S Loader

3. IE5 "favourites" icons when bookmarking, was Re: Explorer 5 icon

4. Corels Distro

5. Replacing the Red Hat icon with the KDE gear icon

6. Inverse of the tee command?

7. KDE2: Icon Spacing and Icon Name Wordwrapping

8. internet in linux (via network)

9. Icons for Fvwm-CDEmulation - icons.gif [1/1]

10. Icons missing, not showing up in Icon View in Konquerer

11. How do I access icons other than /opt/kde/share/icons ?

12. Wither art thou 'exp10' and 'timelocal'

13. tty, tty... where art thou ...?