need X/kde install steps

Post by To » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

I installed slakware 4.0 beta3. when i ran xf86config  i think it
attemtped to setup kde. seems that the text and menu backgrounds are
same color and some of the windows seem transparent.

can someone please tell the the correct steps to install kde, or
fvwm95(seeems that kde is default).

need X/kde install steps

Post by Ralf Gerwie » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

> I installed slakware 4.0 beta3. when i ran xf86config  i think it
> attemtped to setup kde. seems that the text and menu backgrounds are
> same color and some of the windows seem transparent.

> can someone please tell the the correct steps to install kde, or
> fvwm95(seeems that kde is default).

Get the .rpm packages from www.kde.org (or a mirror) and install the
packages.
Don't forget the QT packages.
Change the entry in your .xinitrc (exec fvwm2 -> startkde).
That's it.
Good luck...

  gerwien.vcf
< 1K Download

need X/kde install steps

Post by Todd Graha » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Check out this site, http://home.fuse.net/bmote/kde.htm  It should help
if you've got the rpms

good luck

> I installed slakware 4.0 beta3. when i ran xf86config  i think it
> attemtped to setup kde. seems that the text and menu backgrounds are
> same color and some of the windows seem transparent.

> can someone please tell the the correct steps to install kde, or
> fvwm95(seeems that kde is default).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

need X/kde install steps

Post by Peter Lowri » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

After a few attempts and failures I have compiled this list. First -
dependancies:

Automake 1.4
autoconf 2.13
glib 1.2.0
GTK+ 1.2
Corba   unknown version
mico    use -extra-includes in ./configure

THEN START ON KDE:-

V1.0 use -with-gnu-ld when running ./configure.
ie #>./configure -with-gnu-ld
support
libs
admin
base
network
graphics
utils
games
multimedia

now upgrade in the same sequence to KDE 1.1.1

Worked for me.

-Peter

1. I need some step-by-step instructions on mounting a FAT partition

I'm brand new to linux, so I apologize for myself in advance. I just
installed Red Hat 6.2 onto my system. I have a 20 gig drive, 10 gigs
devoted to windows 98 and 10 gigs devoted to linux. The installation
went ok, but I cannot figure out how to read files that are in my
windows partition in linux. My ISP uses a PPPoE client for the DSL
connections. The linux PPPoE client software is too big for a floppy,
so I need to download it from Windows 98 and bring it into linux.
Again, I am very new, so I really need step-by-step instructions on
how to do this... i'm using the GNOME XWindows system. If someone can
point me to anything on the web that's for total beginners it would be
much appreciated.

2. configuring Lancard in linux 7.0

3. Need step by step for PCMCIA

4. Minicom killed by signal 11

5. Is it possible to install Linux step-by-step (without a distribution-specific setup utility)?

6. Same old Microsoft -- the Ecomomist.com

7. Installing sendmail from source Step by Step(Long)

8. how to get extended ASCII graphic characters from Fedora to a SSH session.

9. Step-by-Step Apache install HELP?

10. Step-by step to install Linux RH7 and Win98.

11. Step by step for installing network?

12. Step by step mouse install --HELP--

13. Step by step in installing red hat linux 6.0