Disabling all those macromedia popup windows

Disabling all those macromedia popup windows

Post by Jean-RenĂ© Dav » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:51:16

Hi,

I use konqueror for web browsing. Every so often I come up with a site
with Macromedia Flash and then my screen just get burried in popup
windows for downloading the plugin. Any way to disable this? And in any
case, does Konqueror support Flash?

Thanks,
JR

Disabling all those macromedia popup windows

Post by Arnaud H » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:04:35

Jean-Ren David wrote / a crit:

Quote:> Hi,

> I use konqueror for web browsing. Every so often I come up with a site
> with Macromedia Flash and then my screen just get burried in popup
> windows for downloading the plugin. Any way to disable this? And in any
> case, does Konqueror support Flash?

> Thanks,
> JR

Same problem here. I did download the plug-in from Macromedia's site, but I
don't even know how to install it.

Post by Michael Kell » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:24:27

>Yes, on Linux, Konqueror does support flash.  If you have lesstif/open-motif
>or motif available, you can use any Netscape plugins.

>For Flash, follow the popup to the Macromedia page, download the "Netscape
>for Linux" version of the plugin, and install it according to the
>instructions given on that page.

redhat 7.3 with kde 3.0.  I did all that and any time konqueror
goes on a web site with flash it opens countless frames cluttering
the desktop.  The way I stopped that was uninstalling flash plugin.
That way I only get the annoying popup asking me if I want to
download the plugin.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx

Post by Paul Cook » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:14:17

> Jean-Ren David wrote / a crit:

>> Hi,

>> I use konqueror for web browsing. Every so often I come up with a site
>> with Macromedia Flash and then my screen just get burried in popup
>> windows for downloading the plugin. Any way to disable this? And in any
>> case, does Konqueror support Flash?

>> Thanks,
>> JR

> Same problem here. I did download the plug-in from Macromedia's site,
> but I don't even know how to install it.

I'm a bit spoilt over here on Suse8 pro... The macromedia flash plugin was
already installed for me when I installed Suse... :) only discovered when
one site started working after a short while fetching the flash item when
I was expecting to have to go and get the plugin. :)

--
Paul Cooke
  Registered Linux user 273897 Machine registration number 156819