New application: KUnit

Post by Jan Schauman » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I just wrote my first KDE-application: KUnit.

KUnit is a unit-converter, able to convert between units of the following
categories:

acceleration, angle, angular acceleration, angular velocity,  area,
capacitance, charge,  current,  energy,  force,  illuminance,  inductance,
length,  luminance,  magnetic flux,  mass (or weight),  power, pressure, SI
prefixes,  specific heat,  temperature,  thermal conductivity, time,
torque,  velocity,  viscosity (dynamic),  viscosity
(kinematic),voltage and volume

 It is known to compile and run on Linux version 2.2.13-7mdk and NetBSD
 1.4P. It can be obtained from http://www.netmeister.org

I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on if you think
this is a useful thing, if it's working and so on.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann
http://www.netmeister.org

Now, son, you don't want to drink beer.  That's for daddys, and kids with
fake IDs.
        -- Homer Simpson

New application: KUnit

Post by David Faur » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Hmm, there is "konv" in the kdenonbeta package which
I believe has the same purpose. I've always thought that one app
done by two people was better that two apps, each done by one person,

of konv :)

David, always happy to see more KDE apps popping up, though ! :)

--
David Faure

See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE 2.

New application: KUnit

Post by Jan Schauman » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

It was Tuesday, May  9, 2000  4:34 AM that David Faure

> Hi,

> Hmm, there is "konv" in the kdenonbeta package which I believe has the
> same purpose. I've always thought that one app done by two people was
> better that two apps, each done by one person, so I would suggest

True, I guess. I was unaware that a similar program already existed.
A quick search on freshmeat and linuxberg didn't give me any results...
I'll probably contact Charles anyway - thanks for the hint.

-Jan

> David, always happy to see more KDE apps popping up, though ! :)

>> Hi all,

>> I just wrote my first KDE-application: KUnit.

>> KUnit is a unit-converter, able to convert between units of the
>> following categories:

>> acceleration, angle, angular acceleration, angular velocity,  area,
>> capacitance, charge,  current,  energy,  force,  illuminance,
>> inductance, length,  luminance,  magnetic flux,  mass (or weight),
>> power, pressure, SI prefixes,  specific heat,  temperature,  thermal
>> conductivity, time, torque,  velocity,  viscosity (dynamic),  viscosity
>> (kinematic),voltage and volume

>>  It is known to compile and run on Linux version 2.2.13-7mdk and NetBSD
>>  1.4P. It can be obtained from http://www.netmeister.org

>> I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on if you
>> think this is a useful thing, if it's working and so on.

>> -Jan

>> --
>> Jan Schaumann http://www.netmeister.org

>> Now, son, you don't want to drink beer.  That's for daddys, and kids
>> with fake IDs.
>>         -- Homer Simpson

> --

> Mandrake See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE
> 2.

Jan Schaumann
http://www.netmeister.org

It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the lowly
ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as high as the eagle?

1. ANNOUNCE: KUnit 0.2

Hi all,

I just released Version 0.2 of KUnit, a program to convert between
different units. It currently supports conversion to and from various units
in the following categories:
   acceleration, angle, angular acceleration, angular velocity, area,
   capacitance, charge, current, energy, force, illuminance, inductance,
   length, luminance, magnetic flux, mass (or weight), power, pressure, SI
   prefixes, specific, heat, temperature, thermal conductivity, time,
   torque, velocity, viscosity (dynamic), viscosity (kinematic), voltage
   and volume.

KUnit 0.2 now includes (aside from a few minor bugfixes) an extensive
helpsystem to explain the various units.

You can download KUnit from http://www.netmeister.org/apps/kunit-0.2.tar.gz
The KUnit Handbook is at http://www.netmeister.org/apps/kunit/index.html

I'd appreciate every kind of feedback (bugreports, suggestions etc).

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann
http://www.netmeister.org

Marvelous!  The super-user's going to boot me!
What a finely tuned response to the situation!

2. how to translate '-C' from redhat?

3. Installing New Application Software on a Linux Box

4. ANNOUNCE: tinymush+tinyfugue binaries available

5. KDE loses New>Application menu and settings

6. Dumb-Debian Question

7. New to be Released : weatmp - Weather Warning/Temperature Application.

8. Netscape imagemaps?

9. start application in a new terminal

10. to add new user in linux application.

11. RPM and installation of new application

12. Publishing Applications - New Channel

13. New Linux Applications Site