KDE Animated folder icon question

Post by Skip Taylo » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 11:26:10

I'm new to Linux, Red Hat  7.2 and KDE so this is probably easy for
the more experienced.

When I'm using Konqueror as a file manager, the tree view shows you
where you are and you open further the tree when you browse around.
When I'm doing this, the small folders that open have a small yellow
animated wheel. This animation is DRIVING ME NUTS!

I've looked everywhere that I can think of to turn this blasted wheel
off. How/Where do you do it?  This is RH 7.2 with KDE 2.2 I think -
it's the downloaded ISO's.

Any help appreciated!

Post by Thomas Overgaar » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:32:59

> I've looked everywhere that I can think of to turn this blasted wheel
> off. How/Where do you do it???This?is?RH?7.2?with?KDE?2.2?I?think?-
> it's the downloaded ISO's.

In the "Control Center" go to "Look & Feel"|"Style" and change "Effect
options" from "Animate menus" to "No menu effect".
--
Thomas O.

Post by pome » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:54:14

>> I've looked everywhere that I can think of to turn this blasted wheel
>> off. How/Where do you do it???This?is?RH?7.2?with?KDE?2.2?I?think?-
>> it's the downloaded ISO's.

> In the "Control Center" go to "Look & Feel"|"Style" and change "Effect
> options" from "Animate menus" to "No menu effect".

No,  "Menu" effect ? Uh, This didn't work for me.  Still spinning and running RH
7.2 and KDE 2.2.2-1.

Post by Paul Pygeo » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:01:53

> When I'm using Konqueror as a file manager, the tree view shows you
> where you are and you open further the tree when you browse around.
> When I'm doing this, the small folders that open have a small yellow
> animated wheel. This animation is DRIVING ME NUTS!

I think it's impossible to turn it off. Can you tell me why this "very
little yellow wheel" "drive you nuts"??

--
Dsol... pas de signature

1. animating xpm icons

I have been to some of xpm archives and found some of the xpm icons
where in sequence as though for an animation. Is it possible?

Currently, I am using Window Maker as my window manager.
Yon Han Chong                     |
Flow Control and Prediction Group | Tel: + 44 1234 750 111 ext.5420
Cranfield College of Aeronautics  | Fax: + 44 1234 752 149

United Kingdom                    |

2. Running LKM on Familiar Linux iPAQ

3. Irritating animated icons in Konqueror

4. Telnet on IPX

5. Animated icons

6. Dilinux on a D: drive?

7. Animated icons, How?

8. GLX, SuSE 6.4, ATi Rage LT Pro

9. Animated and color icons ?

10. animated icons

11. What prg animates the icons on an X desktop?

12. Replacing the Red Hat icon with the KDE gear icon

13. How do I access icons other than /opt/kde/share/icons ?