how to detect workspace switch in KDE/GNOME?

how to detect workspace switch in KDE/GNOME?

Post by Todd Stephen » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:54:18

Quote:> Please look into the attached pic. By "workspace" I mean the "EXERCISE",
> "NETSCAPE", etc. on the pane bar. And my question is: If I am working
> on workspace "EXERCISE" when I switch to "NETSCAPE" by
> clicking "NETSCAPE" with my mouse, is there a function that I can
> use in my program to catch this "message"? Thanks, George

I think this could probably be better answered in a group devoted to
whatever language it is that you have written your program in.

--
Todd Stephens

for email, emulate St. Patrick in the land of Jose Gaspar

Post by JM » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:47:03

> Ladies and Gentlemen,

> Does anybody know how to detect workspace switch in KDE/GNOME?

> Generally there are several workspaces on UNIX/LINUX screen? I want that
> my program can detect when I switch from workspace1 to workspace2.

> Please look into the attached pic. By "workspace" I mean the "EXERCISE",
> "NETSCAPE", etc. on the pane bar. And my question is: If I am working
> on workspace "EXERCISE" when I switch to "NETSCAPE" by
> clicking "NETSCAPE" with my mouse, is there a function that I can
> use in my program to catch this "message"? Thanks, George

> Thanks in advance
> George

Well if it was me and I had no idea where to start I would checkout the
source for launcher in KDE.  I would look for where it says "send to
desktop"  this should give you an idea as to how a desktop is found in
code.
Good luck and long life
JM

1. how to detect workspace switch?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Does anybody know how to detect workspace switch?

Generally there are several workspaces on UNIX/LINUX screen? I want that
my program can detect when I switch from workspace1 to workspace2.

Thanks in advance
George

2. Looking for XFig

3. Where are the XGL30 includes?

4. Possibel to implement system , such that Kernel stack grows on top of User Stack

5. switching workspaces in Gnome

6. Neat, unknown (?) network printing tool

7. gnome/kde switching

8. Switch from Gnome to KDE

9. HELP : Switching from KDE to Gnome graphical environment

10. Switching from KDE to Gnome

11. switch between kde/gnome ???