quake3 sound troubles

Post by mark » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:21:56

i'm still having troubles getting quake3 sound to work under kde. i was
told a while back to run it through artsdsp, and that lets quake run,
but there's no sound (when i don't run it through artsdsp, it doesn't
even run). i see this on the console messages when i run quake3 through
artsdsp:

------- sound initialization -------
Sorry but your soundcard can't do this

when i run tuxracer (w/o going through artsdsp) the sound is off a few
seconds. i get the same reults when i run it through artsdsp. weird.

any help?  i'm a little clueless with this array of different sound
schemes that are out there.

1. can't get sound from Linux Quake3 in FreeBSD

I run Quake3 under FreeBSD from a linux partition, but can't get it to
use sound.  The sound card works under FreeBSD and I tried creating
links to /dev/dsp and /dev/audio from /usr/compat/linux/dev/dsp and
/usr/compat/linux/dev/audio but that didn't work.  Am I doing anything
wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Paul
prg22 at mindspring dot com

2. NT and Linux - coexist? - how?

3. KDE3 / sound in quake3/rtcw

4. Mathematica performance on rs6000

5. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

6. Precautions installing KDE 3 on SuSE 7.2

7. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

8. Automatically granting xhost access to localhost

9. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?

10. sound, sound, sound

11. Troubles with ALSA Sound Card drivers for ES1868 / ES1688

12. OpenSound System and Aztech sound card troubles

13. BTTV troubles -- no sound and other problems