Menus in KDE 2.1 ??

Post by Josep » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 05:14:09

I installed corel's wordperfect 2000 for linux on my RH 7.0 system.  I
have both ximian gnome and kde 2.1 on this box.  I was in kde 2.1 when I
installed  wp but the menu options for wp where installed into gnome not
kde.  I looked around the kde docs searching for information about how
to add menu items from a script but only found information on using the
menu editor.  How is the menu done in kde?  Is there a file that I can't
seem to find that has the info in it or is it distributed?
TIA
Joseph

Menus in KDE 2.1 ??

Post by James Richard Tyre » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:07:26

> I installed corel's wordperfect 2000 for linux on my RH 7.0 system.  I
> have both ximian gnome and kde 2.1 on this box.  I was in kde 2.1 when I
> installed  wp but the menu options for wp where installed into gnome not
> kde.  I looked around the kde docs searching for information about how
> to add menu items from a script but only found information on using the
> menu editor.  How is the menu done in kde?  Is there a file that I can't
> seem to find that has the info in it or is it distributed?

They should have been installed.  Check the directory:

    /usr/share/applnk/Applications

If the files are there, run:

    kbuildsycoca

JRT