Application windows gone in KDE, but not in Gnome

Application windows gone in KDE, but not in Gnome

Post by H.Hudso » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:23:49

Suggestions please as to an appropriate FAQ entry for the following:

Puzzled by the mis-behaviour on login through KDE on a Mandrake 8.2 Pentium
6 system I had been using successfully for yonks. After login (even as root)
my first loaded application (a CD player) freezes and no others load. It
does not seem possible to get a terminal up either. However the K- menu
permits logout, nothing else.

But the alternative Gnome login permits windows and Gnome apps to load (but
not KDE applications).

TIA,
--
H. Hudson:      remove the Oz beer