Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

Post by Leslie Jackso » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:26:05

How can config Kmail (or Knode) to avoid attaching the original
email (or article) when i reply it?
Thanx :-)

Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

Post by Isak Lybert » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:19:40

try mark and delete...

Regards Isak

> How can config Kmail (or Knode) to avoid attaching the original
> email (or article) when i reply it?
> Thanx :-)

Reply problem about Kmail & Knode

Post by Ghos » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:31:46

After all, the purpose of "reply" is to quote some text from the original
message....

What you are looking for, is "new message"..
// G

Post by Harmen Schaa » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:17:37

> How can config Kmail (or Knode) to avoid attaching the original
> email (or article) when i reply it?
> Thanx :-)

In KMail you can reply without the quote. There is even a key for it
(alt-R) :)
I assume this is already in KDE 2.2, but not 100% sure.

--
Harmen Schaap

1. KNode and KMail do not reply via Mail

I don't know since when I have this problem, but it occured to me today
that I cannot reply via E-Mail in Knode. Whenever I click "Reply by E-Mail"
or whenever I click on an EMail-Adress in a KNode news article nothing
happens, except that the KMail main window pops up, but no message composer
opens up. That's odd.
KDE 2.2.2, SuSE 7.3

Arne

--
Binary, adj.:
        Possessing the ability to have friends of both sexes.

[--- PGP key available on http://www.root42.de/ ---]

2. AIT tape drives: Experiences?

3. Questions On Migrating To kmail & knode From NS 6.2.1

4. Calling the username/password box from a script

5. Question about KNode & KMail

6. QuickTime viewer for linux? (I want to view .mov files via netscape)

7. User files: knode&kmail

8. 1542 and Linux

9. Wheel mouse scrolling in Kmail & KNode

10. Using External Editors with KMail & KNode

11. e-mail reply in knode

12. KNode: reply by email with munged identity?

13. Knode-email reply from addressbook?