Can't logout of KDE2 (under FreeBSD 4.2)

Can't logout of KDE2 (under FreeBSD 4.2)

Post by Thierry Herbelo » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 14:54:19

Hello,

I've got 3 machine with recent -Stable versions of FreeBSD (one is 15
days old, another is 3 days old and the last is 6 hours old ;-)), all
running a locally-compiled KDE2 (from the FreeBSD ports). This is with
XFree 4.01.

The two newest machines won't allow me logging out of KDE : when I
select logout in the "K" menu, nothing happens except a message stating
:

kicker: PanelServiceMenu::slotExec(-100)
kicker: Cannot find service with menu id -100

(or some othe negative number)

        TfH

--
Thierry Herbelot

1. FreeBSD 4.2 - XFree4.1 crashes after logout

Hi,

I've installed XFree4.1 on a FreeBSD 4.2 system. With XDM
the XServer crashes after loging out with a core dump (signal 6).
I tried the following windowmanagers xfce, fvwm2, icewm and
windowmaker with the same result.
Can anybody help me in solving the problem?

Thanks, Sylvio

2. Plugins for Linux

3. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

4. Need help with printer-problems

5. Can't logout of KDE2

6. Giga bit device on S85 rs6000

7. Help! Can't boot FreeBSD 4.2.

8. How to you start wu.ftpd after running ftpshut

9. Can't boot FreeBSD 4.2 for Alpha

10. apache don't start in FreeBSD 4.2

11. FreeBSD 4.2 kernel doesn't like my ide controller

12. GDM doesn't work under FreeBSD 4.2 ?

13. FreeBSD 4.2 -- install won't see my Maxtor drive