trasparent windows

Post by marco Guidett » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

i'd like to know i can i have trasparent windows on my KDE?
I use KDE 1.1.1 on MDK 6.0
Someone can help?

Thanx since now

my English is quite bad... with the word "trasparent" i mean when i can see the
image that stays in the background with my windows opened ...
THX!

Marco

trasparent windows

Post by Chris Menz » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>     CM> On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:40:47 +0200, marco Guidetti CM>

>     >> I was thinking about ALL windows to become trasparent... how
>     >> can i do it?

>     CM> Ya got me, pal.  Seems to me you'd have to rewrite all of the
>     CM> apps.

>     ...with the exception of a few terminal emulators.

See previous post.

1. trasparent proxy.

Hi folks,

I'm setting up a proxy and redirecting all the HTTP traffic, but that coming from the proxy, that
enters the LAN interface of my Cisco router to the proxy.
Do I need to put the eth0 of my linux proxy (say 192.168.2.56) in promiscous mode so that it reads
also the packets directed to IP addresses different from 192.168.2.56, i.e. all the Internet addresses?

Is there any other things I need?

Some articles on Internet say that building up a transparent proxy is so easy but I can't have my
linux proxy working properly?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

2. I've a problem for 3 months, and I cannot use plip nor sound.

3. Graduating from window by window display to whole Sparc5 window?

4. Problems installing Apache 1.0.5 on SunOS 5.4 Generic_101945-10 sun4m sparc

5. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

6. mirror harddisks on the fly ???

8. X11R6, openwin, and zombies

9. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

10. X windows programming question - window borders

11. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

12. linux problems after windows ME restore on windows partition

13. X-window slower then MS-Windows