Disabling screensaver temporarily

Post by Detlev Offenbac » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:28:07

Hi all,

how can I disable the screensaver temporarily (e.g. in a shell script) for
watching TV or a DVD under KDE 2.1.2 without the screensaver locking the
screen. I have tried the command

"dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface enable false"

but it does not work. I get the error message "no such function". Please
help.

Is there documentation of the supplied interface available?

Regards
Detlev
--
-----------
Detlev Offenbach

1. disabling screensaver/DPMS temporarily

Is it possible to disable screensaver and or the DPMS temporarily in KDE?
Preferably by a short command so I could incorporate it in a startup script
when I want to watch TV or a divx movie and the like.

And does anyone know of a TV application for KDE for cards supported by
GATOS? xatitv is ugly, and gatitv not much better, aside from the fact that
it's GNOME :-)

--
?ystein Skadsem

Only two of my personalities are schizophrenic, but one of them is
paranoid and the other one is out to get him.

2. Compiling new kernel

3. disable a user temporarily

4. SMP question: Different CPU steppings OK?

5. Can I disable the 387 temporarily

6. XFree386 parameters for Cordata 1414ADE Monitor?

7. Temporarily disabling DiskSuite mirroring?

8. Replacing a SCSI HD on a NCR Worldmark 4400 UNIX system

9. How to disable stderr temporarily?

10. Zsh: Temporarily disable history expansion

11. NOTICE: voting@hut.fi temporarily disabled

12. disable screensaver

13. can i disable screensaver during a process KDE