editing menu in kde?

Post by Darren Kin » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

As a new convert from gnome, I am enjoying like in
kde-land.  I cannot, however, find out how to edit the
"start" menu (sorry for the ms reference).  I want to add
some apps to it.

Is there a graphical way or do I have to edit some
config files?

Thanks,

Darren King

editing menu in kde?

Post by Falk Henric » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi!
To do it the graphical way you can use "kmenuedit". I think this prog comes
from the utils package. Normally, there is a link to it in the K-menu.

Quote:>As a new convert from gnome, I am enjoying like in
>kde-land.  I cannot, however, find out how to edit the
>"start" menu (sorry for the ms reference).  I want to add
>some apps to it.

>Is there a graphical way or do I have to edit some
>config files?

>Thanks,

>Darren King

1. KDE: editing mouse menu

This is a newbie question:

Is there a way to edit menu items that are shown when you click on right mouse
button on a empty desktop? I got as far as changing the menu using the Control
Center->Desktop. It gives options for right mouse buttong, one says 'custom menu
1'. Now where is this custom menu 1 stored? How can I edit it?

thanks
girish

2. Compledge Sentinel Linux distro

3. Only root can edit KDE menus?

4. SCO 5 tar -> ODT 2?

5. KDE 3.1 Menu Edit/Filesystem as SU

6. PopMail in Linux on a Pentium

7. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

8. rh 7.2 /boot doesnt have enough space for up2date to apply kernel fixes

9. KDE default menu suggestion (and distribution menu...)

10. RH7 & KDE 2.1 upgrade, No icons in kde menu

11. KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

12. Editing xinitrc & menu items

13. Recommendation for Quick Fix of RH9 menu edit snafu