Konqueror, scrolling, and black scrolled portions of the screen.

Konqueror, scrolling, and black scrolled portions of the screen.

Post by Tim Underwoo » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 05:05:53

I'm running KDE 2.1.0 on RH 7.0 on a central server.  We are running remote
X sessions on PCs, and have an oddity.  On my session, when running
Konqueror with a web page that is larger than the Konq window, and scrolling
horizontally or vertically, the page appears correctly.  However, another PC
(running the same X Server software on an identical PC), when displaying the
same page, scrolling just shows black rectangles.  You can "mark and drag"
the mouse across the black areas, and the screen will be painted correctly.
Also, when showing some of the configuration windows on top of Konq, when
they are closed, the area UNDER the config window will cause Konq to repaint
the area.

This really appears to be a window painting problem, but the wierd thing is,
we've got an identical PC setup, running Xserver software setup the same,
all running off the same server box.

Any ideas why this painting problem exists, and what to do to correct it?
I'd like to upgrade, but that might be a bit yet before I can.

1. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

2. Simple,Quickly way to setup Linux-Win95 net

3. Scroll Mouse not scrolling

4. using my box as a fileserver

5. 4D+ Scrolling Mouse (Scroll FX) by Micro

6. Help with installation of icewm

7. Scroll function of scroll mouse under XWindow

8. SUN newsgroup

9. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

10. fvwm screen scrolling--how?

11. screen scrolling with tcsh

12. fvwm: Screen not scrolling when mouse button held down, help

13. Saving screen text and scrolling in Linux