Kde3 and ISO and spell check?

Post by mbi » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:42:16

KDE3, Mdk8.2
I have a strange problem with Danish in KDE3. I like to have English as
menu, etc. language, but spell checking in Danish. As far as I remember, the
character set for Danish is ISO 8859-1. When I try to change to 8859-1 in
control centre it doesn't stick. It jumps back to 8859-2. Spell check
doesn't work either - it can't recognize "strange" Danish letters like ?, or
?. Spell check stops on the first part of the word, jus before one of these
letters comes up. I tried to download and install kde-i18n packages, but it
still doesn't work. BTW, which spell checker should I use - aspell, or the
other one. Thanks in advance.