KDE 2.1: Blank Menu and Scroll Bars

Post by Jeff Perr » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 05:40:57

I was running KDE 2.0.1, and I noticed that no matter how I configured the
colors of my windows, I always got menus and scroll bars that were black.
Also, various buttons are black in applications-- the Subject, From, Date,
...etc. buttons over the columns in KNode, for example.

I upgraded to KDE 2.1, but the problem still persists.

Another thing that is strange: It only does this when I am logged in as
root.  It does not exhibit this behavior when I am logged in as any other
user but root.

Can someone offer a suggestion on how to fix this?

Post by Nikita V. Youshchenk » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:29:33

> I was running KDE 2.0.1, and I noticed that no matter how I configured the
> colors of my windows, I always got menus and scroll bars that were black.
> Also, various buttons are black in applications-- the Subject, From, Date,
> ...etc. buttons over the columns in KNode, for example.

> I upgraded to KDE 2.1, but the problem still persists.

Maybe, you are running X server in 8-bit mode ?
What is DefaultDepth  in your XF86Config ?