kde 2.2.1 and mouse cursor

Post by Martin Racett » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:35:00

Hi,

I have installed KDE 2.2.1 for Mandrake 8.x, and after a few days I had to
reboot and now the mouse cursor change from an arrow to a hand every time
that it passes over a file, directory, and even the button on the taskbar

I would like to know how to change it and make it that it won't change
execpt when web browsing but not on the desktop or file browsing.

I could even edit a file if told which one to edit

--
Thank you in advance

Merci a l'avance

Martin

kde 2.2.1 and mouse cursor

Post by James Richard Tyre » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:40:51

> Hi,

> I have installed KDE 2.2.1 for Mandrake 8.x, and after a few days I had to
> reboot and now the mouse cursor change from an arrow to a hand every time
> that it passes over a file, directory, and even the button on the taskbar

> I would like to know how to change it and make it that it won't change
> execpt when web browsing but not on the desktop or file browsing.

It is in the Control Center:

        Peripherals => Mouse: Change pointer shape over icons

JRT

kde 2.2.1 and mouse cursor

Post by Martin Racett » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 02:40:19

>> Hi,

>> I have installed KDE 2.2.1 for Mandrake 8.x, and after a few days I had
>> to reboot and now the mouse cursor change from an arrow to a hand every
>> time that it passes over a file, directory, and even the button on the
>> taskbar

>> I would like to know how to change it and make it that it won't change
>> execpt when web browsing but not on the desktop or file browsing.

> It is in the Control Center:

> Peripherals => Mouse: Change pointer shape over icons

> JRT

thanks, it worked
--
Thank You in Advance

Merci a l'avance

Martin

1. Mouse Cursor in KDE 2.0 and Accelerated X

I tried the new Accelerated X version 6.0 X server demo on my laptop -
it is both faster and has a better-behaved driver than XFree86 or
Metro X.  However, there's a strange problem in KDE 2.0 - several of
the mouse cursor symbols appear as black shapes, without the
foreground white detail.  For instance, the `pointing finger' that
appears ofer URLs and on buttons on Kicker appears as a completely
black hand.  Normal X cursors appear OK, whether or not I'm using KDE.

I don't even know what mouse cursors are (fonts? bitmaps?) or where
they are to be found.  I managed to find an `open look cursor' font,
whose characters (in xfd) display OK, but I couldn't find the
offending KDE cursors among them.  Accelerated X support asked for a
screenshot, but unfortunately the KDE snapshot program doesn't capture
the cursor!

Any ideas?

Stephen.
--

University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ

2. LILO 2 disk drives, Linux works Windows Crashes

3. Cursor/mouse in KDE attains own mindset- HELP !

5. moused and mouse cursor speed

6. how to use perl print msg to syslog?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Tarred/compressed copy of RedHat 5.1?

9. White square mouse cursor wuth S3 Trio3D

10. Mouse cursor jump on the screen!!!

11. Making mouse cursors invisible

12. Screen flicker near mouse cursor

13. MOUSE CURSOR SIZE ??