KDE 2.1 Program Menu Stops Working

Post by Joerg Saue » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:50:57

Hi,

OK, the problems w/ KDE2.1final really start adding up now...

For some reason, the entries in certain categories of the menu used for
launching apps ("K" menu) stop working after some time. I found no way of
reproducing this reliably. The problem just seems to manifest after KDE has
been running for a couple of minutes.

I can then click on an app in any of the non-working categories as often as
I wish, but the app just isn't launched.

Usually only some of the categories are affected (e.g. "Internet"), and
after restarting KDE the menu performs normally (until it starts failing
again).

What gives?! Anyone who experienced this before?

Thanks a lot,
Joerg

--

When replying by email please remove text in caps
and underscores from recipient address

Post by Joerg Saue » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:27:52

> OK, the problems w/ KDE2.1final really start adding up now...
> For some reason, the entries in certain categories of the menu used for
> launching apps ("K" menu) stop working after some time.

Hmm, switched from Rawhide to the RPMs from the KDE mirrors. They have
debuggin enabled (sucks), but the menu works now...

Joerg

--

Post by Gary Halloc » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:18:31

> Hmm, switched from Rawhide to the RPMs from the KDE mirrors. They have
> debuggin enabled (sucks), but the menu works now...

Use  /usr/bin/kdebugdialog  to disable all those debug messages.  I don't
know why the default settings have so many debug messages enabled.

Gary