Ignoring tasks by task bar

Post by Lukas » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:44:37

Is it possible to force task bar to ignore (not to display) some tasks
(applications), e.g. gkrellm?

--
Greetings,
Lukasz

Ignoring tasks by task bar

Post by ne.. » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:25:18

> Is it possible to force task bar to ignore (not to display) some tasks
> (applications), e.g. gkrellm?

Yes this is a FAQ. kstart --help-all for more details.

Certified: 55% bastard, 31% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Please remove '.invalid' to reply.

Ignoring tasks by task bar

Post by Michael Lyon » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:08:33

ne... wrote on Thursday 12 September 2002 08:25 am:

>> Is it possible to force task bar to ignore (not to display) some tasks
>> (applications), e.g. gkrellm?
> Yes this is a FAQ. kstart --help-all for more details.

Thanks for posting that. I had the same question and now it works the way I
want it too.

--
Michael Lyons
Registered Linux User# 285836  http://counter.li.org/

Ignoring tasks by task bar

Post by Lukas » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:51:46

>> Is it possible to force task bar to ignore (not to display) some tasks
>> (applications), e.g. gkrellm?
> Yes this is a FAQ. kstart --help-all for more details.

Thanks a lot :-)
--
Lukasz

1. Task States; can't kill 'D' tasks

Hi, I am new to Linux. I am using Slackware 2.3.0, and have successfully
installed it and am having a ball with disk sets A, AP and D. I had a
glitch the other day when searching tar archives looking for a specific
file. I would CTRL-C to quit searching when it was obvious that I was
looking at the wrong floppy. Then tar got hung up and froze, when I
flipped over to another console I noticed that the state of the task
reported by the top command indicated a 'D', which I learned as
"un-interruptable sleep". I could not kill this task, and bogged the system
down by consuming CPU time. Was I a contributor to this problem?

thanks, Bryan

2. Q: 'make' usage

3. problem while putting task in task queue!!

4. Error 403

5. converting Outlook tasks to StarOffice tasks?

6. Linux version and flavor?

7. Gnome + Task bar + Short cuts...

8. Automatice Shutdown

9. can i have separate task bars?

10. VNC not showing much such as task bar

11. gnone task bar annoyance

12. FVWM95 Task Bar

13. Task Bar.