KPPP doesn't work correctly after RH 7.1 upgrade

KPPP doesn't work correctly after RH 7.1 upgrade

Post by Andy » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:12:35

Hi!

I have a problem with KPPP since I've upgraded to RedHat 7.1.

I upgraded to 7.1 by choosing 'upgrade existing intallation'  from the
installer.

It actually went extremely smootly.  I didn't have any problems with the
system after the upgrade except KPPP (so far).

As it stands, I can only use KPPP when I'm logged in as root and running
KDE or when, as a user, I run internet-config and enter my root password.

This then asks me to select what I have (modem) and then the system kicks
me in to KPPP.

I cannot even start KPPP via the K menu or by typing it on the command line
via a terminal window.

What do I need to change to get it to work??

Thanks a bunch

Andy